Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with setting PS3 into Service mode AT90USB162?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, I hope somebody can help me, I'm having problems setting my PS3 into Service mode using my AT90USB162.

I have tried flashing my AT90USB162 using Hermes v4, I power down and unplug my PS3 before putting in the dongle. Once it's in a reconnect and power on, followed by eject. I get 2 beeps and the my PS3 wait for about 2 minutes before it reboots. But once it's reboot it the PS3 is not in service mode.

My PS3 is Fat 80Gb, CECHK04, Firmware 4.0 Dongle AT90USB162

I have tried various HEX files, Just in case but all give the same result.

Any help and advice would be grateful.

Thanks
    Rich
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

In order to downgrade the ps3 to get back to 3.55 you will have to get a flasher. If that is a progskeet or an e3 flasher, you will need one of them. You will need to follow a guide to dump the nor / nand chip inside and then patch it. After that you will then need to put it in service mode and then downgrade it. You can not just put it in service mode and then downgrade. If you try this the ps3 will be stuck in service mode.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OK if you put that ps3 in service mode using that way it will be stuck in it. Another thing is that hermes v4 is a payload for jailbreaking. It will not put the ps3 into service mode. Also why are you trying to put it in service mode. If you are trying to downgrade it, you can not do that with out a flasher. As for jailbreaking you can not do that with out downgrading. Thanks and let us know.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the response, I'm trying to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.55 so that I can apply a custom firmware. I've check using the original firmware check and its base firmware is 2.41. So from what I've read I should be able to downgrade to 3.55.

The guide i've been using says that I need to reboot my PS3 with the hermes v4 HEX flashed to my AT90USB162, which would set the PS3 in service mode so that I can apply OFW 3.41, which I can then upgrade to 3.55 and apply CFW as require.

Could you please let me know if i'm going about this the wrong way, and any pointer would be very helpful.

Thanks again
    Rich

Hi,

you cannot downgrade a PS3 with an OFW over 3.55 without an Hardware Flasher like progseek.

If you have no Hardwareflasher and you go in the Service Mode, you canīt get back out of the Service Mode!!!

Hope i can help.

In order to downgrade the ps3 to get back to 3.55 you will have to get a flasher. If that is a progskeet or an e3 flasher, you will need one of them. You will need to follow a guide to dump the nor / nand chip inside and then patch it. After that you will then need to put it in service mode and then downgrade it. You can not just put it in service mode and then downgrade. If you try this the ps3 will be stuck in service mode.

Vorlone & racer0018, thanks for the info. looks like I was heading down the wrong track. Could you please advise what would be best flasher and if posible where I could buy one from, I live in Germany.

Thanks again
    Rich

Well since your PS3 contains a NOR chip it would be best to get an E3 flasher.

If you do get a e3 flasher it does take some time. The clip in the e3 flasher is a little hard to get it right but it can be done. Just take your time and you will be good to go. If you need help please let us know.

Also, be sure to chek with MinVerChk if your ps3 can be downgraded to 3.55 (not possible on newer models)

Thanks everybody for your help, I got an E3 Flasher so i'll flash it back to 3.55 when it arrives. Tidusnake666 i've already performed the check I can go back to 2.41 but thanks for the input.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News