Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with PS3 RSOD?

Sponsored Links
    hi, i have a ps3 phat which has rsod.Can someone recommend the best way to go about fixing it. I've read there is a fix but your opinions would be great on what to do and where to get the fix.

Thanks for any help. I hope im not too cheeky in asking. I have searched rsod and also i have a small knowledge on how to fix it but someone who has fixed its knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...now-available/

I'm following these instructions. Is this the best way?
    Last edited by zombex; 06-13-2014 at 05:03 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by Xufar:

I'll always recommend the NOTHEROS to repair the RSOD. The PKG never seemed to work for me. If you really want to get rid of the RSOD for good, you need to replace the NOR chip itself.

It is quite do-able, if you have good soldering equipment and some soldering skills. After you change out the chip you need to rewrite your original dump to the new chip and run the fix.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Welcome to PS4 News.

Please have a look at this link. You should find it helpful as well.

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-jig-required/

Please post back with your results.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'll always recommend the NOTHEROS to repair the RSOD. The PKG never seemed to work for me. If you really want to get rid of the RSOD for good, you need to replace the NOR chip itself.

It is quite do-able, if you have good soldering equipment and some soldering skills. After you change out the chip you need to rewrite your original dump to the new chip and run the fix.

First off, i need to know what firmware you are running your system. thanks

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News