Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Answered] Help with PS3 JailBreak questions?

Hi everyone, I have not touched my Jailbroken PS3 in a couple of months. And today I decided to see what new stuff had been brought for Jailbroken PS3's, and to my surprise... a lot has.

Now I noticed there is now away to get online with "Hermes v4b now with v3.50 spoofing" Which is great news. But besides that, I can't find any other news about this.

Now my questions are, do I just simple Re-Flash my Minimus AVR board with the new hex file and it is done? or do I need to put something on the PS3? or delete anything from the PS3?

I am currently running the the first PSgroove for the Minimus AVR with backup manager v1. I would like to play some of the newer games (which is possible to enable them to work on 3.41 by editing the PARAM.SFO)

But with this 3.50 spoofing, changin the PARAM.SFO is not needed, correct? I also found this for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood
    I have tested it on external with Hermes v4 with PSN, with disc inside. My Gaia manager didn't have the patch to 3.41 option, but I edited the game's .sfo anyway.

1. Install patch : EP0001-BLES00909_00-AC2TITLEUPDATE01-A0101-V0100-PE.pkg
    2. Make empty folder ASSASSIN_ISO in USER DIR at BLES00909
    3. Start Open Manager 2.1 +L2 patch to 3.41 ([C*] says: Or just edit the game's .sfo to 3.41)
    4. Put some BD game
    5. Start from BD icon
    6. Wait for some mandatory install
    7. Play the game and njoy
    Step 3 is only needed if I wasn't to upgrade my payload to the 3.50 one right? I also don't really understand what I'm suppose to do with step 1 and 2. Are steps 1 and 2 necessary for all the newer games?

Sorry for the questions, and I'm sure the answers are around here somewhere, I just didn't know exactly what to search for.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by smerf1; 11-16-2010 at 01:48 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by Krisdog
    1. Update? choose your regon for the game your trying to backup(BLUS is USA), download it/flash to usb/then flash to ps3 using your "install packages folder"
    2. Download multimanager 2.1I and when you launch game that manager will automatically prompt you to change from FW3.50 to FW 3.41, changing your games SFO to 3.41 (if this doesn't work download SFO-edit v1 and search files and manually change SFO firmware
    3. download Hexed30F to edit .hex files. I recommend downloading ComgeniesAwsomeFileManager, flash id to usb open in "install pkg folder" on ps3 like OPM. Yeah A LOT of crap huh?

Tutorial: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ailbreak-3-41/
    this is for assasins creed but is a foundation for all new titles FW hack.

If you want my advice on jailbreaking combos? I use Blackcat board, Psgrooves v4, Hermes v4b payload, and a ComgeniesAwsomeFileManager, I use three different Backup manager at the same time Multimanager v1.09 w/covers, OPM v2.1I, and Gaia... And I have yet to have any trouble accomplishing any task! Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK

All you have to do is flash the hex file to your board and then you can log on to PSN but be careful we don't know if sony can detect it or not so it's use at your own risk. To be on the safe side delete the boothistory.dat located at Dev-hdd0\home\00000001 and don't run any homebrew while logged on. As for Assasins creed brotherhood and other games that require higher firmware you need to follow the instructions for each game.

Thank you for a reply. So it is not a case of flashing the hex file, then put a newer game on the HDD and play.

I don't plan to run any homebrew, and probably will not use the online much, if anything not at all. So just flash the new hex file and I can either play online or offline?

I'm not quite sure what to do with step 1 and 2 though? Also, step 3 is only required if I don't use this new hex right?

My 2 cents

1. Update? choose your regon for the game your trying to backup(BLUS is USA), download it/flash to usb/then flash to ps3 using your "install packages folder"
    2. Download multimanager 2.1I and when you launch game that manager will automatically prompt you to change from FW3.50 to FW 3.41, changing your games SFO to 3.41 (if this doesn't work download SFO-edit v1 and search files and manually change SFO firmware
    3. download Hexed30F to edit .hex files. I recommend downloading ComgeniesAwsomeFileManager, flash id to usb open in "install pkg folder" on ps3 like OPM. Yeah A LOT of crap huh?

Tutorial: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ailbreak-3-41/
    this is for assasins creed but is a foundation for all new titles FW hack.

If you want my advice on jailbreaking combos? I use Blackcat board, Psgrooves v4, Hermes v4b payload, and a ComgeniesAwsomeFileManager, I use three different Backup manager at the same time Multimanager v1.09 w/covers, OPM v2.1I, and Gaia... And I have yet to have any trouble accomplishing any task! Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK

So you have 2 payloads on 1 stick? I thought you could only have 1? And what do you mean by choose the region of my game? Do you mean from the debug list on this website? And flashing the game to a USB stick?

I'm sorry for the questions, I'm just a little dazed and confused about all this, as I said I've been out of the game for awhile lol.

So multimanager prompts would I like to use 3.41 or 3.50, but I can used Open Manager to run the games?

Thumbs Up

It's cool... My jailbreak .hex is psgrooves, and my payload is hermes v4b. Yes multimanager prompts you to change FW to 3.41 on games SFO when you click X to play game. This means you will be using that Backup manager to play. once changed you can bounce back and forth from which ever you like.

Yes I the update is to 1.02 and that is where you will have to chose your correct region (i'm guessing you from the us) so BLUS30591 is Black ops update (--->BLUS<---) is the what you are looking for.

This is a simple flash to your ps3, download/extract/place on fat32 formatted drive and open on ps3's install pkg folder. please ask all the question you want! GOODLUCK, and if I deserve it please +rep me

I'm from the UK Right ok, I'm still a little confused about the .hex and the payload. I know the .hex goes on to my Minimus AVR Board, where does the payload go?

I seem to understand the rest except that part now lol thank you +rep.

flash Hermesv4b or which ever you chose to the board also. It is a hex file as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisdog View Post
    flash Hermesv4b or which ever you chose to the board also. It is a hex file as well.
    Ok thank you. I already have the PSgroove.hex flashed to my Board, so I just need to write the Hermes.hex to it then?

Sorry i was misunderstood the .hex file is (psgrooves combined with hermees v4b) that is the payload... one hex file with both on it sorry for the confusion, i may have been drinking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast