Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Help with PS3 CECHC03?

Sponsored Links
    I just bought an 60gb bc ps3 for 90, its in great condition, other than it won't read discs. It accepts the discs in the slot, spins them up, but won't read. I'm looking for help from someone who has or knows about them. I'm going to open her up and clean out all the dust and hopefully the lens is just dirty.

I'm really happy to have got it for that price, even just to play around with it, but on the downside when I got it home it has 3.55 on it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sounds like your blu-ray drive has died oh well nvm dnt worry bout that and the fact its on 3.55 CFW will be out within a week and u will be able to use it to play BACKED UP games result!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah man I know all about that. I'm looking for some experienced help to fix the read disc error. The drive might be dead, might be dirty, or the lens might need replacing. I'm looking for some advice about those things

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would try cleaning it first like you said. If that doesn't work, you can look for a replacement lens assembly and try to install it if you like, although I would would wait to see if 3.55 becomes downgradable before making that investment. It sounds like the drive motor and controller board are ok since it spins them up, probably just needs a cleaning/lens.

On closer inspection it seems like when you put the disc in it makes an initial little noise then I don't think the disc is spinning after all. I cleaned the laser already and it had no effect.

ohh, that sounds more like the controller board from what I know of it. You probably wanna check some of the hardware repair threads for that one.

After a couple of hours digging about inside and outside the ps3, it seems that the drive is dead, and it will cost some money to repair. I've decided that because of the recent developments and the coming ones, i'm not spending a penny/cent.

I removed the bluray drive completely and now am looking for something to put in its place. I was thinking about some extra cooling and I seen a thread where a guy was trying to put a 3.5 2tb hdd in its place.

As I understand it, you will need to leave at least the drive's controller board attached, otherwise BD emulation won't work and no games will launch.

maybe it's best to wait for release of a good CFW and play games from HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    As I understand it, you will need to leave at least the drive's controller board attached, otherwise BD emulation won't work and no games will launch.
    Thanks for the heads up on that one. Time to get my screwdriver out again
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldre View Post
    maybe it's best to wait for release of a good CFW and play games from HDD.
    Exactly what I intend to do.
    Last edited by Natepig; 01-06-2011 at 08:39 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News