Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with ps3 break v1.2 dongle?

Sponsored Links
    Hello. I have an authentic ps3 break v1.2 dongle (confirmed this). I connect my ps3 break to my laptop via USB, (currently running windows 7) but it does not display as a USB device or allow me to open it. I cannot access the dongle on my laptop in order to install the downgrade files I need to run on my ps3. Can anyone assist?

- Currently running a PS3 Slim on 3.55, trying to downgrade to 3.41.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Your dongle is obsolete and completley un-needed. You can install a 3.55 custom firmware and your ps3 will be permanantly jailbroken.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How do I do that? Are the files and instructions located somewhere?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...ry-118021.html

Download your flavor of CFW (I recommend Kmeaw) and install it from a USB device. (Put in in the following folder structure - X:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP and select upgrade from external device on the PS3)

There's not much else to it. Shop around the PS3 CFW Forum http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cfw-mfw/ before making the decision but it's pretty easy from there.

Banned User
    If you absolutely want to use the dongle you have to use the firmware loader/burner along with the m hex file off the official ps3break site.
    Last edited by STATECOFFEE; 03-16-2011 at 10:43 AM

Use of a dongle for any other reason than to enter/exit factory service mode is a waste of time.

use custom firmware if your on 3.55, on honestly the only useful reason to use a dongle anymore is to enter and exit factory service mode.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News