Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Not sure actually, the only files I have on my computer are real media, quicktime, mpg, and a bunch of various .avi packages. I'd suggest possibly going the k-lite mega codec pack route if you're having any trouble playing some various other formats just due to the fact that it pretty much covers everything. The FFDSHOW method covers just about anything most people would need, so I put that in there as a "less bloated" option (and it's the one I use as well).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you very much coheedcollapse, finally my videos are working, only one doesn't seem to work it says data not supported.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbyh View Post
    Thank you very much coheedcollapse, finally my videos are working, only one doesn't seem to work it says data not supported.
    You might get that error every once and a while using the -debug method. Try closing out of that window and opening up the Tversity GUI. As long as it doesn't have subtitles it'll work fine using the original program.

Damn. here comes another doublepost. Oh well here goes.

New Method! Just found this out and it'll let you run your subtitles WITHOUT using the debug string. Here goes.

1) Get into your start menu, then your control panel.
    2) Open up "Administrative Tools"
    3) Open up "Services"
    4) Scroll down to "TversityMediaServer"
    5) Click the "Log On" tab
    6) Change "Log on as:" to "This Account"
    7) Type in your administrator Username and password (most likely the one that you're logged on as) in the given boxes.
    8) Click ok, shut down the server, re-start the server with the original Tversity program and everything works!

Troubleshooting:
    If your Administrator account doesn't have a password, create one for it or this method won't work (or at least it didn't for me).
    Last edited by coheedcollapse; 06-05-2007 at 05:36 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The new tversity version is also better compatible with ps3, special update, i used ffdshow and the new version and now everything works fine. just one thing i was hoping anyone has an awnser to, is there a way to get my video's on my ps3 hdd ?

The divx files work fine (though it was a screener so it looked like crap) but my pc isn't fast enough to process hd movies at a normal rate (the image keeps skipping, need to pause it and wait a while for it to run smooth) so i was hoping i could get it to transfer to my hd and play it of there.

but when pressing triangle and press copy a little black box apears in the upper right of the screen saying it can't acces the network and in the middle of the screen it says something like "no chapters found".

anyone any suggestions how to work around this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak47 View Post
    I can also confirm that Tversity seems to be a better option than Nero. Although my aging system is still having issues with transcoding higher quality video, the overall performance so far is much better than Nero. And, Tversity is 100% free! Good find.
    Tversity is great! I am able to watch my anime from living room pc to the PS3. Works fast too, although I had to turn off the Windows Firewall to have the PS3 see the Tversity server (even though Tversity Server was on the exempt list).

ran into some weird things after viewing this page, coheedcollapse! ffdshow actually prevented me from viewing XviDs on my computer since i had the K-Lite codec pack already installed - what's even more weird is that i have a file i downloaded from Dec 2005 like i believe someone else mentioned with a version number 2.2.7.0 on it, and the link you provided says the newest version is 2.10!

i'm gonna leave it like it is and play with TVersity once my networking issues get straightened out on my desktop - anyone wanna try rebuilding a corrupt WMI (M$ support article 823775) and then figuring out how to start up my Windows Firewall (M$ support article 892199) which can't start and is preventing ANY ports from being opened aside from common, internet-viewing ports? ahh, wrong forum for that.

Quote Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
    ran into some weird things after viewing this page, coheedcollapse! ffdshow actually prevented me from viewing XviDs on my computer since i had the K-Lite codec pack already installed - what's even more weird is that i have a file i downloaded from Dec 2005 like i believe someone else mentioned with a version number 2.2.7.0 on it, and the link you provided says the newest version is 2.10!
    Yeah I put that "uninstall all codecs" step up there because codecs can really be fickle when you have more than one handling the same thing. K-Lite codec pack actually INCLUDES FFDshow so installing another FFDshow as well will really mess things up temporarily. I suggest you uninstall both of them and find whatever version of FFDshow you want and install that going by the directions (or if you'd like, just install K-lite using the directions that I mentioned and it'll be ok).

I don't know about the version number, but I actually downloaded mine from [Register or Login to view links] and it works 100%. Also says it's been updated within the last few days so I'm assuming it's a higher version. I really have no idea.

Edit: Oops, sorry, I know what you're getting at. Originally, I only left in the option of K-lite so as not to make the guide too confusing, but after time I figured people would want a lighter alternative (just FFDShow) so I switched a bunch of stuff around. By the time that I realized that I had left the K-lite download link in (as well as mixed up the numbering), I couldn't edit my post. Sorry about that. If you wish, you can just ignore everything about K-lite and use that FFDshow link that I posted in this article to fix things up after you've uninstalled all of the previous codecs. Everything will work after you do that.
    Last edited by coheedcollapse; 06-07-2007 at 01:48 AM

so is it safe to assume that if we can play XviDs normally via the PC using the codec pack setup already, they will be used to successfully process the streaming video to the PS3 via TVersity? i guess what i'm getting at is.... what's the "check" to be able to tell PC-side if we've got everything setup correctly, or IS that possible? remember, i can't test TVersity just yet unless i use my laptop, as my desktop's network settings are all screwed up....

You can tell if you have everything set up on the PC side correctly for the most part by trying to play all of those files on your computer. Chances are that as long as you have no conflicting codec packs installed on your PC, you'll be fine with a mediaserver as long as the videos play on your computer.

Also try doing both a normal server startup and a "mediaserver -debug" startup via the run command to see if that'll enable anything else. If the "debug" version works better, I posted a trick in this thread that'll help you out (the one where you change the permissions of the media server program to your administrator).

All in all, chances are that if you're positive or close to positive that you have no conflicting codecs and you can play the video files fine on your computer but you're having trouble playing them on your playstation either the PC doing the transcoding is underpowered (which shouldn't be an issue because the PC I'm using is horrible), or your connection isn't adequate (I'm using wired so I've never had problems with that).

I just followed Coheedcollapses guide exactly, and it made my TVersity work finally. I had a lot of conflicting codec packs, plus one problem is that you can't choose subtitles on PS3, so if your subtitle file has two languages (usually chinese and english) it always shows the damn chinese one, but luckily K-Lite codec pack comes with VobSubStrip, which lets you strip just 1 language and recreate a sub file

Sponsored Links
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News