Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    VAIO Media server definately transcodes as I'm using it to watch AVI's, I also managed to stream music and then go back using the PS button and run a slide show of photo's, sometimes I get a failure to authenticate to the server message, but I also got that with Nero Media and believe it is due to my Wireless being flakey...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good news for those who are having problems having troubles with xvid encoded .avi's! Taking a tip, I uninstalled FFDshow and installed the default Divx installation pack.

Although I've always used FFDshow over Divx just due to the bloat included in the divx package, I was having problems with xvid transcoding via TVersity no matter how I installed it. With the divx installation it was as simple as clicking "ok" and every single one of my videos are now working.

Now for the bad news - the divx codec seems to encode slower than the FFDshow codec, so I'm getting the "Server cannot be found" error with just about 80% of my videos for a second or two before they start. If you don't mind using the extra processing power and that little warning in the upper right corner, this might be a good solution for you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I managed to get TVersity working just fine playing all my music smooth. Most xvid videos work as well but some dont... Anybody has a clue on this? I installed CPCC codecs on the pc running TVersity.

has anybody been able to get radio feeds to work with tversity? i have a few i'd like to listen to but they always come up as unsupported data....

i have the same problem... I cannot run the .ASP internet radio files on my PS3, its unsupported.. Also, many xvid movies give the unsupported message with CPCC installed!

Quote Originally Posted by bakkenez View Post
    i have the same problem... I cannot run the .ASP internet radio files on my PS3, its unsupported.. Also, many xvid movies give the unsupported message with CPCC installed!
    Try downloading the new version with integrated PS3 functionality (as opposed to the patch they released a few days ago) Here's one of the notable changes:

"Internet radio now works on the PS3. First playback attempt is likely to fail with an “Access to the media server has been denied” message (or “unsupported data” message), this is because the PS3 does not wait long enough for the data to be fetched over the Internet. After this failure, wait a few seconds and try playing this same station again. Assuming a connection to that station was possible, there won’t be an error message, however the actual playback may take up to two minutes and more to start since the PS3 requires about 1 MB of data before it initiates playback."

^^ sweet i didnt know they updated...thanks..ill give that a try...even tho waitin up to 2 minutes kinda discourages me

From what I've experienced on most of mine it only takes about 10-20 seconds. I think that 2 minutes statistic is just the worst case scenario type thing.

WOO it works... and it only took about 10 secs to load... JAMN 94.5 BABY!!!

oh and if anybody wants a link to a good site to find almost any radio station online...let me know
    Last edited by ArJay; 05-31-2007 at 09:30 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

one thing about folders, they will not shoy its content uless you are in the right ps3 menu:

photos show in photos
    videos show in videos
    music show in music

if not, it wont work!

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News