Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    With ffdshow some xvids will play on the PS3, and some won't. Don't know if there's much that can be done about it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak47 View Post
    With ffdshow some xvids will play on the PS3, and some won't. Don't know if there's much that can be done about it.
    Yeah I'm stuck at this point. Weird thing is that I'm almost 100% sure that last night that the Xvids that don't work today were working.

If anyone figures out this xvid problem toss me your solution. I'm getting an "unsupported media" error.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just uninstalled ffdshow and installed an OLDER version (from december 2006) and now TVersity works like a charm! It plays all my xvid files and i am HAPPY! Strange that an older version of a program would fix this problems with playing xvid files but it did

My xvid/divx files keep coming up as unsupported data and they never play. my mp3s stream fine and everything. i did install CCCP and have everything running through FFDShow so... I dunno what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by refuseamen View Post
    My xvid/divx files keep coming up as unsupported data and they never play. my mp3s stream fine and everything. i did install CCCP and have everything running through FFDShow so... I dunno what the problem is.
    I had that same problem at one point but I followed the method (pretty much) here and it got divx working (although I still have had no luck with xvid)

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Xbox_360_DivX _XviD_Playback_Guide_page2.html

Just to give another option, I have also confirmed that the VAIO Media server works. I installed SonicStage first and then installed the media server using the free update available from Sony. It shows up as an integrated Server and has a different Icon to the Nero Media Server.

I will compare to TVersity tonight, can anyone else share their results comparing TVersity to VAIO Media Server?

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrade View Post
    I will compare to TVersity tonight, can anyone else share their results comparing TVersity to VAIO Media Server?
    I don't have any articles, but does the VAIO Media Server transcode automatically? The reason that I was so excited about TVersity is that it pretty much automatically transcodes whatever video format I want into something I can play on the PS3 in realtime.

Also, I need to make a correction to my older post. Using the method that I listed, xvid and divx DO work, just not all of them for some weird reason.

I have given tVersity a quick try and can't find it when searching for media servers on the PS3.

Do i need to setup anything specific for this in networking on win?

Nero and MP11 both work fine without any additional setups (i did disable these before trying tVersity)

Yeah, you have to make sure the connection that connects the computer and your PS3 is on the top of the network connections list by going to network connections under control panel, going to "advanced" and "advanced settings" in the menu bar, and moving the connection that you're using to connect to your PS3 to the top of that list.

After that try restarting the server and it should work.

is there a way to get the ps3 to see any other folders than music, pictures and video? its just i have all my music on a seperate hd and it only picks up the music folder on my c drive. by the way im using media player

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News