Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    up for you Princess, i was unable to stream video, CCCP fixed the problem. THX also good find with TVersity, nice FREE app.
    Last edited by phunky; 05-27-2007 at 09:56 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No probs. I can write up a guide to Tversity with the PS3 if anyone has any demand for it; it's pretty basic stuff really, but if there's anyone who'd like me to I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie666 View Post
    How do you guys stream avi? Im using tVersity and i clicked on the transcoder option " only when needed" and on my ps3 when I click on an avi it says the data type is not supported
    Okay, essentially you need to make sure that you don't already have WMP11 or WMC configured to share media - that'll bollocks you up. Uninstall any codec packs, then install CCCP - and then tVersity. Set device to 'Auto Detect' and Transcode to 'Only when Needed'. And then connect your PS3 to it.

I suspect that you'll probably have Vista doing media sharing or something at the moment and that's messing things up.
    Last edited by Princess; 05-27-2007 at 10:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Okay, disable WMP11's media sharing - and Nero's if you've still got it installed. What's happening is that the PS3 is connecting to the WMP11 shares, which aren't doing the translation needed for video that tVersity does. Only run one media server at a time.

Yeah, turn off the WMP11 sharing. You should only have one media server running at once, or else there can be issues (This is from extensive fun in the land of X360 that I speak of).
    With your PS3, I suspect it's connecting to the WMP11 shares, and not the tVersity shares.
    Last edited by Princess; 05-27-2007 at 10:13 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So to surmise, You've disconnected WMP11
    Restarted the tVersity service.
    Powercycled your PS3
    Done a 'Search for Media Servers' in Video, and selected the tVersity server.
    And you still have playback of supported formats, but nothing with AVI's?

If this is still the case, I'm not sure what the issue might be. I know that I've got this working in three peoples houses now, and many people online are reporting success too.

I *have* noticed that the PS3 seems to have it's own timer for when it 'polls' the media server for updates. With the 360, when I update my tVersity library, the 360 updates automatically too. The PS3 though seems to do so every 30 minutes as far as I can figure, or on system shut down and power up.

I don't know that this could be causing you an issue, but it might just be that the PS3 is still seeing the WMP11 library share and it hasn't polled to update to the tVersity library. Either way, I do think that's a good idea, to restart everything and see how it goes from scratch.

Ok, I have a question for you Princess (and also thanks for exposing me to tVersity. I knew there had to be a better program out there than that bloated Nero crap, I just couldn't find it!)

I have my internet connection shared via ICS through an ethernet cable from my PC to my PS3. This ethernet cable is the same connection that I'd like tversity to go through. Weird problem though is that the server isn't showing up on my PS3 at all - I think it's for some reason defaulting to broadcasting on my wireless network instead of my ethernet connection.

This isn't a port problem because I've opened up just about everything that tVersity needs through ICS (yeah I know it's fickle, but I should at least be able to see the server at this point).

Thanks ahead of time!

Ok I'm not sure if this'll merge, but whatever if it does.

New Information starts here
    This is the checklist as to what I've done so far and what is actually happening with my PS3/computer connection.

1) Uninstalled Nero Mediahome and K-Lite Codec pack
    2) Installed CCCP/TVersity
    3) Installed patch
    4) Unplugged wireless adapter (for some reason the server wasn't picking up the fact that I had both a wireless and an ethernet)
    5) Added three folders (Mp3 folder, Video folder, photo folder)
    6) Turned on PS3, restarted media server
    7) Searched for server, Found it, yay!
    8) No videos play - server connection error (but they WERE found)
    9) No MP3 or picture files found (Folders were found, but displayed as empty even though I know they're not).

So what's going on here? My desktop was fast enough to transcode for MediaHome so I don't know why I'd be getting these errors constantly with this.

EDIT: Scratch number nine - apparently I haven't been getting enough sleep. The MP3's and photos are streaming over much more quickly than when i used mediahome - they WERE showing up, I was just stupidly under the "VIDEO" menu on my PS3. The Video problem still remains though. Any tips?
    Last edited by coheedcollapse; 05-28-2007 at 05:49 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Unhappy

Thanks for the introduction to TVersity managed to get all installed and files now play and look great on the ps3 unfortunately I don't get any sound when playing ts or mpg HD files get sound playing avi's anyone any idea's ?

what i'm using/did...
    Uninstalled all Codec pack
    Installed CCCP Codec pack/TVersity
    Installed patch
    worked great from the off but no sound.

Okay, well you've gone through alot of what you could consider basic troubleshooting - I may have found a solution for you with regards to tVersity sharing on the correct network adapter at least though.

Okay, so open Network Connections and then go Advanced -> Advanced Settings.
    Select the Adapters and Bindings tab, and under Connections change the order of the network interfaces such that the one you need is first in the list.
    Restart the media server, and it should now be sharing on your crossover without any need to disable your wifi. I don't know how this will affect the second problem you're having, but it might?
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz0 View Post
    Tanks for the introduction to TVersity managed to get all installed and files now play and look great on the ps3 unfortunately I don't get any sound when playing ts or mpg HD files get sound playing avi's anyone any idea's ?
    At this point Tversity can only bridge files with stereo audio - I suspect the files you're using have 5.1 AC3 as the audio track. If you run the CCCP Settings program, and set the "FFDShow Audio Setting" to 2/0 - Stereo, that should fix any issues you're having.
    Quote Originally Posted by coheedcollapse View Post
    The Video problem still remains though. Any tips?
    Okay, so I'm not 100% sure why it's doing this, but as a control, can you share a file in an MP4 container that the PS3 would normally play from local media, and just check that that'll play when shared with tVersity? And let me know how that goes? That'll go someway to helping work out why Videos aren't working.
    Last edited by Princess; 05-28-2007 at 06:02 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fixed it myself! Sorry to make you write that stuff out but you're a goddess for doing so.

All I did was reinstall WMP 11, uninstall all of my codecs, reinstall K-Lite mega codec pack making sure that divx was handled by ffshow and any other instances of divx were not used and everything works flawlessly.

Seriously, thanks so much. This program is about a hundred times better than MediaHome. It plays 100% of my stuff without even a hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    At this point Tversity can only bridge files with stereo audio - I suspect the files you're using have 5.1 AC3 as the audio track. If you run the CCCP Settings program, and set the "FFDShow Audio Setting" to 2/0 - Stereo, that should fix any issues you're having.
    Thanks for the advise checked the setting in CCCP and it was already set to 2/0 - Stereo reapplied setting but still does not work. If it helps the files are AC3 6 channels.

Thanks anyway.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News