Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help my PS3 no longer detects Blu-ray Game Discs?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

I loaded Hermes V4b, installed Gaya Manager 1.02. However, this manager doe not load any games for me. As such, i deleted it.

Now my ps3 does not detect and game disc even if i load my ps3 without any JB.

I did a format but still it does not work. I tried to reinstall Gaya Manager and it does not help either.
    Best Answer - Posted by Tek9:

I seriously doubt that any of the payloads or backup managers had anything to do with your blu-ray drive dying on you only thing i can say is that it might be your lens going bad or that it already went bad. I have used both payloads and i've used all kinds of different managers and i've uninstalled them and re-installed them and done that several times to keep updating and i've yet seen the blu-ray drive die on me (knock on wood ~__~).

Your Best bet is to use Hermes v4b to run games without a disc in drive as it doesn't require it i use Hermes v4b and Gaia Manager 1.02 and just mash the X button on the controller and then it returns to xmb then i go to the 1st folder icon apps_home_ps3 i think it's called (this is off the top of my head so dont quote me on the exact name ~__~) and the game shows up and i hit X again and it launches without a disc i do this for all my backups. Sorry to hear that you might have a busted Blu-Ray Drive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    when you delete a manager it also deletes the games in the gamez folder also. Unless you moved the games somewhere else via ftp your games were deleted also.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes i know this. But it is my Blu ray disc in the drive that it can't detect.

I tried a couple of games (not ISO) but its like my Blu ray drive is dead.

and it is only after i Del Gaia Manager.

I tried safe mode restoring system file etc.
    I tried formatting HDD and restoring 3.41

My BD drive light is blue when there is a disc.

It seems either Herme V4b removed BD drive somehow.
    I have been using the Original JB and just switched to v4b (to load EA MMA) only to have my BD drive now not working. (No Icon nor auto load)
    Last edited by Yasanaki; 10-23-2010 at 04:47 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I seriously doubt that any of the payloads or backup managers had anything to do with your blu-ray drive dying on you only thing i can say is that it might be your lens going bad or that it already went bad. I have used both payloads and i've used all kinds of different managers and i've uninstalled them and re-installed them and done that several times to keep updating and i've yet seen the blu-ray drive die on me (knock on wood ~__~).

Your Best bet is to use Hermes v4b to run games without a disc in drive as it doesn't require it i use Hermes v4b and Gaia Manager 1.02 and just mash the X button on the controller and then it returns to xmb then i go to the 1st folder icon apps_home_ps3 i think it's called (this is off the top of my head so dont quote me on the exact name ~__~) and the game shows up and i hit X again and it launches without a disc i do this for all my backups. Sorry to hear that you might have a busted Blu-Ray Drive.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News