Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help me on my PS3 CECHA12?

Sponsored Links
    Here is my previous post as to how this issue started:
    "Hello, i have a jb ps3 (CECHA12), that has a non-working bluray drive. it is currently on rogero cfw 4.40 ver1.03. it plays games without any issues, be internal or external hds.

recently, i was able to acquire another ps3 with the same model (CECHA12), it has ylod, but has a working bluray drive.

i tried to swap the bluray drives since i thought they were the same model anyways, now all of my games on my working ps3 is not booting properly, even multiman.

it just goes in black screen. i thought the cause was the bluray drive so i switched back the non-working bluray drive, but it is still the same - boots up properly, but upon launching of games or multiman - no display, just black screen. and it does not recognize the working bluray drive btw.

i read somewhere that i should downgrade from 4.40 to 3.55 in order to re-marry the bluray drive. i read about the method, but on one part, it says i should enter factory service mode, and for that i need a flasher - which unfortunately i don't have"

As racer0018 had advised from my previous post. i downgraded from Rogero 4.40 to 3.55 using the Rogero Downgrader pup - it was successful.
    however, when i try to launch the Factory Service Mode Tool ver. 1.02 - it's just stuck on black screen, the same goes when i try to launch QA Toggle.

i'm running out of options, will my ps3 return back the way it was if i just removed the bd drive?

any help would be appreciated, please point me to whatever files do i need to download and install to fix this issue. thanks!
    Best Answer - Posted by daveshooter:

I did have the same problem, above and found if you full power off the PS3, then power on with RED light on, then press power + eject, then as soon as you see the blue light, switch off power, remove Dongle, then startup PS3 as normal. works for me.

Just an update, I have fitted a BD drive from a CECHH03 ps3 to an CECHC03 running rogero 4.40 cfw. and have been able to now read my games disks with new drive in FSM on said PS3.

No need to edit file, just copy all files to usb drive with an update pup lower than 3.30 and your a winner. I used a pup from a game of 2.76 MD5: 7698F1D1D0A4601AA6FE72F784DEA498. and now can read games disks in FSM, but sadly I have now BD disk here to test, so Now making drink ready to take out of FSM and see if my homebrew works now.

An other update, May games all work from disks, and homebrew all work. over the moon big time. also I got the NG but it still worked.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Unless you put the drive back to how it was before taking it apart then there is now way of running homebrow, the toggle, or MM, , only DLC games. Even if the drive dose not read disks, you need it there for the paired controller card inside the drive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by daveshooter View Post
    Unless you put the drive back to how it was before taking it apart then there is now way of running homebrow, the toggle, or MM, , only DLC games. Even if the drive dose not read disks, you need it there for the paired controller card inside the drive.
    that is now another problem, i switchd back the same old bd drive and now it the same, just black screen when attempting to launch anything

When you switch Blu Ray Drive, you need too replace the old Logic board, otherwise you need too downgrade and remarry the blu ray drive.

Quote Originally Posted by windrider42 View Post
    When you switch Blu Ray Drive, you need too replace the old Logic board, otherwise you need too downgrade and remarry the blu ray drive.
    that is what i was doing. problem is, i cant enter factory service mode

I did have the same problem, above and found if you full power off the PS3, then power on with RED light on, then press power + eject, then as soon as you see the blue light, switch off power, remove Dongle, then startup PS3 as normal. works for me.

Just an update, I have fitted a BD drive from a CECHH03 ps3 to an CECHC03 running rogero 4.40 cfw. and have been able to now read my games disks with new drive in FSM on said PS3.

No need to edit file, just copy all files to usb drive with an update pup lower than 3.30 and your a winner. I used a pup from a game of 2.76 MD5: 7698F1D1D0A4601AA6FE72F784DEA498. and now can read games disks in FSM, but sadly I have now BD disk here to test, so Now making drink ready to take out of FSM and see if my homebrew works now.

An other update, May games all work from disks, and homebrew all work. over the moon big time. also I got the NG but it still worked.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 04-27-2013 at 01:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you for this info. I'll try this later when i get home. On a side note, i don't use any dongle to enter FSM, i'm trying to launch FSM Tool ver.1.02.

see that is the issue, i can't enter FSM. since i don't have a dongle, i was trying on launching FSM Tool 1.02, but all i get is black screen. i have also tried entering recovery mode in an attempt to restore back to rogero 4.40, but the ps3 asks for a 9.99 update.

as a last ditch effort, i again re-fitted the original bluray board to the replacement bluray drive. lo and behold! all my bluray movies are playing and all of my games as well! i could now enter FSM, but still unable to update to basic rogero 3.55, it says it is already updated. i decided to enter recovery mode instead, used the rogero 3.55 cfw and was able to update. however it says it's on 4.25 now. now attempting to proceed to 4.40 cfw...

so far, so good.. it has accepted the update to Rogero 4.40 ver. 1.03 basically, here is what i did;
    • re-fitted the bluray logic board from the defective drive to the working bluray drive
    • it was recognized, played bluray movies (the 300) and tested bluray games as well (assasins creed and medal of honor tier one)
    • was now able to enter FSM, but could not update to Rogero 3.55 CFW
    • exit out of FSM
    • ran condor updater - stuck on black screen
    • decided to enter recovery mode manually
    • attempted to again, update to rogero 3.55 - it says it needs 9.99
    • pressed start+select at the same time, unit proceeded with the update
    • updated to 4.25 for some strange reason
    • again updated, this time to rogero cfw 4.40 ver. 1.03
    • successful

my thanks and gratitude to those who came up with suggestions. it was a great help, and i was able to learn how this cfw stuff worked. kudos ps3news!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News