Thank you for this info. I'll try this later when i get home. On a side note, i don't use any dongle to enter FSM, i'm trying to launch FSM Tool ver.1.02.
see that is the issue, i can't enter FSM. since i don't have a dongle, i was trying on launching FSM Tool 1.02, but all i get is black screen. i have also tried entering recovery mode in an attempt to restore back to rogero 4.40, but the ps3 asks for a 9.99 update.
as a last ditch effort, i again re-fitted the original bluray board to the replacement bluray drive. lo and behold! all my bluray movies are playing and all of my games as well! i could now enter FSM, but still unable to update to basic rogero 3.55, it says it is already updated. i decided to enter recovery mode instead, used the rogero 3.55 cfw and was able to update. however it says it's on 4.25 now. now attempting to proceed to 4.40 cfw...
so far, so good.. it has accepted the update to Rogero 4.40 ver. 1.03 basically, here is what i did;
- re-fitted the bluray logic board from the defective drive to the working bluray drive
- it was recognized, played bluray movies (the 300) and tested bluray games as well (assasins creed and medal of honor tier one)
- was now able to enter FSM, but could not update to Rogero 3.55 CFW
- exit out of FSM
- ran condor updater - stuck on black screen
- decided to enter recovery mode manually
- attempted to again, update to rogero 3.55 - it says it needs 9.99
- pressed start+select at the same time, unit proceeded with the update
- updated to 4.25 for some strange reason
- again updated, this time to rogero cfw 4.40 ver. 1.03
my thanks and gratitude to those who came up with suggestions. it was a great help, and i was able to learn how this cfw stuff worked. kudos ps3news!