Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with Loading Retail Demos as Blu-ray Discs?

Sponsored Links
    I found a way to bypass the DRM check of retail demos by dropping the files in PS3_GAME and loading it as a Blu-ray disc.

However, I can't get the game to start; instead I get kicked back to the XMB with "An error occurred during the start operation (80010009)." I created a valid PS3_DISC.SFB and even included PS3_UPDATE, still no luck.

The EBOOT can't be started, so it's most likely encrypted. Please don't bash me if this is a "duh" post, I'm just getting started with the PS3 scene.

Is there any way to launch the game? I read and contributed to the EBOOT decryption thread but there are no decrypted links yet for some reason. Would a decrypted EBOOT work in this case? Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It seems EBOOT.BIN is encrypted differently between downloadable games and disc-based ones. I'll be lurking for news on that I suppose. Please close.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdance22 View Post
    It seems EBOOT.BIN is encrypted differently between downloadable games and disc-based ones. I'll be lurking for news on that I suppose. Please close.
    It is, HDD based (ie downloadable) games are NPDRM encrypted, while Disc based games have a separate crypto to them.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News