Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with installing psfreedom on the iphone 3g

Sponsored Links
    I would ask in Bulldogz (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...s3-112696.html) thread but i can't do that yet.

I'm running ubuntu live CD 9.10 alongside windows(non dualboot i used run without changing files)

The first thing i found strange was the result from entering "apt-get install libreadline5" in the terminal, instead of asking to install it said it was already the latest version? i ignored it and continued and i am currently doing step 5 i got this far.

(step 5.)

Remember don't actually type the "

Launch another terminal type "sudo su"

then type "cd Desktop"
    [Desktop is case-senstive cannot be desktop]

then type "./loadibec openiboot.img3"

your iphone screen should flicker and you should be prompted with the OpeniBoot screen, press the power button once on your iphone to highlight OpeniBoot console then press the home button

Now when i try and use ./oibc straight after i just get this error

root@ubuntu:/home/ubuntu/Desktop# ./oibc
    bash: ./oibc: cannot execute binary file

Any help is greatly appreciated (i've already tried google )
    Best Answer - Posted by SkFlinch:

The best thing to do is install Iphodroid it is a one click app that installs openiboot and android 2.2 I just used this on my 2g and it worked perfectly.. also make sure you have jail broken 3.1.2 and make sure you jailbreaked with something besides spirit cause it won't work then just overwrite the two files in psfreedom folder using openssh and make sure you give permissions 777 to both files.

Here is the link to iphodroid 0.6 r13m for windows and for 3g iphones only: iphodroid.com/download/1shot3gpc/1284482855-1534919825/download.php

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are you executing it on the iPhone, or on your local system?

I haven't tried the OpeniBoot method, but the error message tells me your system doesn't understand the binary. Probably because you're trying to run it on your PC when you should be running it on the iPhone.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    Are you executing it on the iPhone, or on your local system?

I haven't tried the OpeniBoot method, but the error message tells me your system doesn't understand the binary. Probably because you're trying to run it on your PC when you should be running it on the iPhone.
    I downloaded it and had a look. My information above about running it on the iPhone is incorrect, but the error message still means it doesn't understand the binary.

It looks like you're running as root, so my best guess is you're running the wrong version of oibc. Make sure you're using the Ubuntu version of oibc.

One further idea... Make sure you're running the 32-bit version of Ubuntu live CD 9.10 and not the 64-bit version.
    Last edited by Transient; 09-14-2010 at 12:40 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Alls good figured it out like 50 mins ago. You were close transient it did require a different oibc file but i think its because Bulldogz uploaded oibc file is corrupt the loadibec and img3 file are fine, i just DLed a differnt oibc and i've got the jailbreak working on my ps3 right now.

Iphone 3g JB backup manager not mounting games

I tried this atleast 10 times with heavy rain, demon souls and GoW3. First i used the backup manager from the original PSJailbreak site no games would mount, i would load one and it would reboot to dashboard but then it would just show the image of the game thats inside the disk drive.

and when i tried the patched version of backup manager same thing happened.(heavy rain doesnt even get that far when i hit load the screen was just black no reboot to XMB)

I really hope i'm missing something simple here. (that doesnt mean i expect answers along the lines of "are you sure your psfreedom is patched to support the manager" =/ )

Forgot to add all the games are on an external fat32 500gb HDD.

I have once again solved my own question... In the second part of the guide when transferring the files over to the iphone i did that and it didn't work. So today i downloaded a file that included 2 files (zfile, andriod.img.gz) after replacing these two files on the iphone the jailbreak is now working properly with backup manager.
    Last edited by Dan18uk; 09-14-2010 at 02:11 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the best thing

The best thing to do is install Iphodroid it is a one click app that installs openiboot and android 2.2 I just used this on my 2g and it worked perfectly.. also make sure you have jail broken 3.1.2 and make sure you jailbreaked with something besides spirit cause it won't work then just overwrite the two files in psfreedom folder using openssh and make sure you give permissions 777 to both files.

Here is the link to iphodroid 0.6 r13m for windows and for 3g iphones only: iphodroid.com/download/1shot3gpc/1284482855-1534919825/download.php
    Last edited by SkFlinch; 09-14-2010 at 02:50 PM Reason: forgot to add link :)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News