Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] help with installing linux

Sponsored Links
    when i try to install linux using the installing other os it says no applicable installer was found and i got the installer from [Register or Login to view links] when i downloaded the the ps3 version of the linux and nothing works so what i do ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the otheros.bld file has to be in the folder <root>/PS3/OTHEROS (in capital letters) on the flash drive, hdd or cd.
    any other folder won't work.

hope that helps...

Sponsored Links

still problems

Sponsored Links
    wheres the best place to download the ydl 5.0 ps3 version cuz that one i downloaded that was over 3 gb didnt have the otheros on the disk so i want to know where to get it ?

A quick search on google (otheros.bld) yield a lot of results. you can start by the gentoo (I'm a gentoo fan) website there's an installation guide which might help you find what you're looking for, or Fedora Core too can help.

And if you're a masochist you can always try building your own otheros.bld image, again your friend google can and will help.

But you can try this link an intresting (eye candy) alternative to kboot (which is the boot loader - a stand alone linux system for that matter -) which based on Kboot but is much eye pleasing.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3733

Here is a link to the official site with mirrors for ydl: [Register or Login to view links]

i don't know if ydl 5.0 has the otheros on dvd.

download the newer version 6.0. this one has all the needed files.

i was wondering what kind of linux can be put on ps3

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News