Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] help installing demos

Sponsored Links
    hi im new to this kind of things, so please show some mercy,

its like this:

i have downloaded GT: prologue and MGS online to my pc but now, after viewing several tutorials, i still dont know to how to get them on,

my connection is:

internet --> Cable modem --> wireless router(fonera) -->Pc
    -->ps3

and when i put the ip adress in the proxy section the the ps3proxy and ps3, it doesnt let me connect. this is all that shows, please if any one can get this to work i would be very greatful
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I attached your picture, please do not link to them as then years from now the links die and we're left with a bunch of dead pictures showing "X" which makes our archive quality poor.. instead when posting go to 'Manage Attachments' and then browse on your PC to find the picture and ATTACH it here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    can any one help me please i would realy like to play these games

PLEASE!!!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    on your PC go to START/RUN and enter cmd.....then enter "ipconfig" to find out what IP address to put in the PS3 Proxy box....then on the PS3 go to Settings/network settings, and configure the settings manually and when is askes if u what to use a proxy server put "use" and put the same ip address in that u did for the ps3 proxy program on your pc

from there look at the logs tab and start downloading folding at home PKG...copy the web address in the logs and hut the replace files tab...click "add" put it the FAH.PKG web address in the left box and click the right box to browse to the demo.pkgs you want the put o the ps3.....

yes ive tried that put when i use a proxy it wont start any internet base thing(PS store etc...)
    ps: i also have the 2.30 fw.....might it be because of that?
    Last edited by jrv7; 05-09-2008 at 01:57 AM

Go to this thread

'THE ALL NEW PS3 Store Links Thread'

located in the 'PS3 Online Chat' section.

As written by VendeTTaa, it explains how to use CF3B5's PS3.ProxyServer.GUI which will work with the PSN links. Check out section 2 "How Do I Use These Links?' and follow the instructions. I did and it works great. I even have the latest firmware. [Just follow A to H]

If problems still arise, post back here (don't post in that thread!!!).

Also note that some demos may not work. The MGO beta demo does not, well at least for me. Good luck.

hey it still doesnt work....it gives me a transfer error

Mmm, ok. Umm. Well I'm not knowledgeable on the whole 'PS3.proxyserver' programs. I followed the above tutorial and it worked like a charm. I use PS3.ProxyServer GUI. I've only used it twice so far.

I've had a quick read on the other threads relating to Ps3 Proxy (these are all in the Online Chat section). Also note that their are a couple of Proxy based programs that work for certain users on these forums. PS3 Proxy by 3r1c and PS3.ProxyServer GUI by cf3b5. Try both and see if either works.

Also at what stage does the transfer error occur? If you can, detail at what step things get messed up. This way I can work it out better (maybe I'll even retrace your steps) or a Proxy 'guru' can help you, better than I.

P.S. Transfer error. Have you changed the settings on the actual PS3. Custom internet settings and 'Use a Proxy Connection' enabled. I'll explain more if needed.

With PS3.ProxyServer, 'PS3 Mode' should be ticked. You should have your PC IP address stated and Port 8080. Start should be shown. Don't forget that the full link must be pasted. Therefore:
    Code:
    http://deu01.ps3.download.playstation.net/download/ps3/eu/fah/fah.pkg
    should be shown and besides it should be the file you want to actually install.

That too will look like:
    Code:
    C:\Playstation 3\Metal Gear Online Beta\3JFfG1JDa78BEDTaEg9y2wkcisswFOLUX50iBRwxRpiyLcuYsGSYtpNghXrkTe1LTgUlSruMEm7JIrMhKULtSOHy2wpaY8RF8rf9E.pkg
    In theory, once connected, you run back to the PS3, and click on Folding@Home, it will show 740meg (it does for MGO) and install MGO. Originally clicking on the F@H link, the PS3 would phone back home to the PSN servers and grab the F@H PKG file. Instend now it phones back to your PC and grabs whatever you have listed.

Note that you can not have F@H already installed (i think), other programs seem to work, so have a read on the forums if this is the case. Again I'm not fully 100% sure on these programs, I'm really new here. Best of luck and let us know how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Field View Post
    Also at what stage does the transfer error occur? If you can, detail at what step things get messed up. This way I can work it out better (maybe I'll even retrace your steps) or a Proxy 'guru' can help you, better than I.

P.S. Transfer error. Have you changed the settings on the actual PS3. Custom internet settings and 'Use a Proxy Connection' enabled. I'll explain more if needed.
    well i change the network settings...by "use proxy" --> ip adress and same port as ps3 proxyserver gui... but when i go to folding@home it ask do u want to install i click yes... then it just says please wait... then a error "there was a error while transfering.. (80... something) error" (sorry if its not accurate but my ps3 is set to portuguese....)

ive tried that but it still gives me a error (there has been a problem with the transfer) (error807....etc)

Well, I'm sorry but I don't know. All I can offer is some hints that might get it working, but like I said, I'm not fantastic with the program. I did a google search and didn't find much with your problem.

Where it states 'to install F@H' what is the file size. It should be more than the 55mb file that F@H is. For MGO it'll be 780mg. Note that again MGO won't work with the F@H method, from what I've read. Copyright protection, besides the beta is almost over.

Maybe because your region is portuguese, it might be contacting the wrong location. However I'm in Australia and I used the EU link, which is Europe.

Also was the error number - 80029513. It shouldn't be as this is the copyright protection. But just for future sake.

It sounds like the PS3.ProxyServer is talking to the PS3, but the transfer is being screwed up somehow. I don't know how to fix this, sorry.

Another option which seems to be working for most is to use PS3 Proxy by 3r1c. I've never used this, so I'm testing this now (sort of). It looks like you run the ps3proxy file. Click 'start' box. It'll have your IP Address and Proxy Port. Do as it asks by heading back to the PS3 and changing the settings. Press Ok. Select File. Choose the PKG file that you want to install. Then "goto the PS3 store and download any demo game". I haven't tried but it seems easier than the other app. It seems easy enough.

Other than that, I don't know. Sorry. Maybe it's your firewall or virus settings that block any incoming connections, maybe try connecting the PS3 into the router (though you must have a 2+ port router) directly. We have network ports in each room of the house (well most, who needs it in the bathroom, lol) so each connection goes to the central hub/router.

If these don't work, then I'm sorry, I just don't know. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News