Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with GTA IV

Sponsored Links
    Hey everyone, if you read my last post, you know I just bought a PS3 80gig and GTA IV. I played the first 2 days fine but today... bad news. The video started freezing and audio playback was iffy.

I'm going to update the firmware in a minute via my Ipod and see if that helps. Sometimes when the video freezes, boxes of interupted pixels appear. I have no clue if this is a firmware issue, game issue or hardware problem. For the love of technology HELP ME!!!!
    Best Answer - Posted by izekial27:

the best thing to do is delete the games data file and perform a fresh game install, this should clear the issue up, also, one for the obvious but make sure the disc is clean and the ps3 disc tray is dust free.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    try uninstalling the game data and reinstalling..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm going to try that in a minute or two. it also freezes when in XMB and PS doesn't respond, I hope a reinstall will work, I just updated FW to 2.7. I don't know if there's any game updates for it but i'll check

the best thing to do is delete the games data file and perform a fresh game install, this should clear the issue up, also, one for the obvious but make sure the disc is clean and the ps3 disc tray is dust free.

You can also try a laser disc cleaner & see if that helps any!

Lightbulb

this used to happen to people when the game first came out, and i remember hearing something about clearing the system's cache.

i heard that , gta IV has a problem with some ps3 lens.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News