My PS3 Original spec:
Fat CECHG03 - 40 GB
Fat CECHG03 - 320GB
4.40 CFW Rogero v1.03
What I Did:
1. While running OFW 3.15, I upgraded to a 320GB HDD and let the system format it
2. Installed OFW 3.55 via USB from the XMB
3. Installed CFW 3.55-kmeaw through recovery mode
4. Installed mmCM ver 04.02.00 Full (20120228) pkg
At this point I was getting a black screen when launching multiMAN. After playing around with a fix permissions script and also BDEMU2.pkg I was able to launch multiMAN once. I couldn't get it to launch again.
5. I uninstalled multiMAN
6. Upgraded to CFW 4.40 Rogero v1.03
7. I installed multiMAN 04.30.00 BASE CEX (20130324) pkg
I continued to get black screens when launching multiMAN. Again after messing around with fix permissions and BDEMU2 I got it to launch once. I managed to get Showtime installed.
Now they both black screen on launch and this is where I'm stuck. Any ideas?
My BD drive does seem to be faulty as 90% of the time homebrew/multiman will launch with a disk in the drive. Sometimes the console will crash with graphical glitches shortly or immediately after the BD drive has been accessed.
What are my options? I heard you can emulate a BD drive with a USB stick. Is this possible with Rogero?
If the graphics become messed up during any part of time during running it is not the drive, I have a number of systems that have problem drives and don't do this. The systems that I have seen do this are the ones that have problems with the gpu in them. These systems are in need of a reflow or a reball. Thanks.