[Answered] Help fix black screens on PS3 CFW?
My PS3 Original spec:
Fat CECHG03 - 40 GB
Fat CECHG03 - 320GB
4.40 CFW Rogero v1.03
What I Did:
1. While running OFW 3.15, I upgraded to a 320GB HDD and let the system format it
2. Installed OFW 3.55 via USB from the XMB
3. Installed CFW 3.55-kmeaw through recovery mode
4. Installed mmCM ver 04.02.00 Full (20120228) pkg
At this point I was getting a black screen when launching multiMAN. After playing around with a fix permissions script and also BDEMU2.pkg I was able to launch multiMAN once. I couldn't get it to launch again.
5. I uninstalled multiMAN
6. Upgraded to CFW 4.40 Rogero v1.03
7. I installed multiMAN 04.30.00 BASE CEX (20130324) pkg
I continued to get black screens when launching multiMAN. Again after messing around with fix permissions and BDEMU2 I got it to launch once. I managed to get Showtime installed.
Now they both black screen on launch and this is where I'm stuck. Any ideas?
If the graphics become messed up during any part of time during running it is not the drive, I have a number of systems that have problem drives and don't do this. The systems that I have seen do this are the ones that have problems with the gpu in them. These systems are in need of a reflow or a reball. Thanks.