Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with Downloaded PKG Files

Sponsored Links
    Okay, i went on to the Ps3news website and i downloaded the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Stimulas Map Pack And it was called "KthvNgWvRtrrETTnbtn05Fah8Uy6vTvEdFVGOXnKPxgYLAjMo 1L0O4OmC5YMCyM9ttDYdKdiu2W1VQM4PkSxhUhAT6U1rJ239JF wg.pkg" so i put the downloaded file onto my USB memory stick and once i plug in to my Ps3. It says there is no save data file found. So i would really appreciate some help on how to use the selected file. Thank You

*Xrin*
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Quote Originally Posted by xrinku View Post
    Okay thanks alot guys that got rid of all my headaches ^_^ but why do they still post new game add-ons or demo's if there is no possible way?
    Two fold - some with Development units can use them, furthermore its for the future, in hopes that PKG files will be able to be installed again at a future point in time.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wow, my head almost exploded when I read this lol.

The short answer is, it doesn't work like that. And no, there's not currently any method (that I'm aware of) that can make this work with a retail PS3.

If you want a more detailed/technical reason why this doesn't work, look through other posts on pkg files or ask some of the devs.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's correct, the method to install .PKG files hasn't worked since around Firmware 2.36 so until a new way is found all people can really do is archive these .PKG files.

Okay thanks alot guys that got rid of all my headaches ^_^ but why do they still post new game add-ons or demo's if there is no possible way?

Quote Originally Posted by xrinku View Post
    Two fold - some with Development units can use them, furthermore its for the future, in hopes that PKG files will be able to be installed again at a future point in time.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News