Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Registered User vanillathunder2's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

[Answered] Help with .bin file after decryption?

Sponsored Links
    Hey everyone I have decrypted my HDD and now im left with with a .bin file. Does anyone know how i can extract the files from the .bin to gain access to the .ff files that you need to edit the mw2 patch? I am able to find them in winhex but i dont know how to get to them. I have tried mounting and stuff but no luck with that

Thanks in advance, Jake
    Best Answer - Posted by Foo:

Umm... you're going in the complete wrong direction.

The .ff files for MW2 are found inside the patch itself which is located in the game directory but there is no need. All you have to do is obtain the MW2 pkg for your region and update version then unpack the pkg and the ff files will be inside of there.

- BTW there's many .ff Viewers Buc-Shotz has a good one and there's already pre-modified .ff files like EliteMossy and etc

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Afaik the Cell Filesystem isn't researched, so ther is no other way to extract your files other then doing it with a hex editor.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey mate thanks for the reply I have located the files that i want to extract with winhex and highlighted them then made them into a new file my question is how do i extract them as a .ff using winhex i am trying to get the mw2 patch files and iv heard you need a IWff so no i just need a way of extracting it with winhex?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by vanillathunder2; 06-17-2010 at 12:51 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Arrow

Take the IWffu100 image and find its ending. Then you want to copy all that and then open up Hex Editor Neo and paste all the characters in a new file. Then name it Patch_mp.ff

hey mate, i have done that but i keep getting that stupid header error i think hunter had the same problem but i'm not sure i think i read it on here. Does anyone know how to help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vanillathunder2 View Post
    hey mate, i have done that but i keep getting that stupid header error i think hunter had the same problem but i'm not sure i think i read it on here. Does anyone know how to help?

Thanks
    Here is a hint, you need to decompress the .bin file. 7-Zip, Power ISO, and Magic ISO won't work. So you need to find something ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Wescyd3 View Post
    Here is a hint, you need to decompress the .bin file. 7-Zip, Power ISO, and Magic ISO won't work. So you need to find something ;]
    I have tried all of what you have listed I know none work I have heard maybe zlib will work? I know simply zip has a zlib feature in it, but at the moment i don't have a clue what else and i don't want to be trying decompression programs all day lol would you be able to tell me or give me bigger hint

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by vanillathunder2 View Post
    I have tried all of what you have listed I know none work I have heard maybe zlib will work? I know simply zip has a zlib feature in it, but at the moment i don't have a clue what else and i don't want to be trying decompression programs all day lol would you be able to tell me or give me bigger hint

Thanks in advance
    Use r-studio to Scan the whole ff file. It will tell you what file types are there. You need to find a zlib block. The hex starts with 78da in hxd. You need to find the end of block hex. Copy bytes start to finish and save new file as a .zlib use simplyzip to decompiled the zlib block view the dump on word pad or note pad. You will then see the values. There's a few zlib blocks you need to find though so be patient.

The PS3 HDD has several partitions. You have to read the partition table using a hex editor to determine where the GameOS partition is located and copy it to a new file. After that you could mount that file on a Linux machine using the loopback option. The filesystem type of the GameOS partition is UFS2.

The format of the partition table has been described somewhere here in the forum.

wescyd - i've been playing around all day, i have managed to use FastFile to dump my 2 IWffu100 sections, and it shows more text but no files, however all the 78das have been removed it looks like.

i ran my .ffs in rstudio and didnt get nothing, something doesnt add up here..

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News