Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] help backup ps3 games to hard drive?

Sponsored Links
    New to this, i have dvdfab and a blu-ray burner. looking for a step by step, with no luck.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not sure why you mention a burner at all when your intention is to back up to an HDD.

There are guides everywhere so I'm not sure how managed to miss them but here's how it's done:

1 - Install a custom firmware which can only be done on firmwares 3.55 and lower. Kmeaw 3.55 and Rebug 3.55(.2) are the most popular.
    2 - Install a game manager, there many of these to choose from.
    3 - In the game manager there is an option to copy the disc to any other device it detects and of course that includes the HDD.

I could break down each step but a lot of it is self explanatory and more importantly... regardless you would want to see a video to see what it's like first rather than just read about it. It's a very simple process and there are tons of videos out there.

In the off chance that you don't know, installing a custom firmware means no more network access. Attempting to log in would result in it telling you to update to an official firmware and will most likely get you banned sooner or later.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 09-23-2011 at 05:22 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrove2004 View Post
    New to this, i have dvdfab and a blu-ray burner. looking for a step by step, with no luck.
    Are you talking about to back it up to PC HDD or PS3 HDD ? I really don't know why you mentioned DVDFab and BD-Burner if we aren't talking about the PC section.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Don't even try copying or burning a PS3 game (if you were thinking of doing that).

TBH, I would absolutely love to be able to play BD backups sometime. I'll burn discs all day, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Are you talking about to back it up to PC HDD or PS3 HDD ? I really don't know why you mentioned DVDFab and BD-Burner if we aren't talking about the PC section.
    Either way it wouldn't need a burner...

Mgrove, to back up to a PC HDD he would do the same as before except just select a different destination to copy to rather than the PS3's HDD... just select the HDD you want.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News