Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Unhappy [Answered] help with 80010017 error?

Sponsored Links
    After placing a game show an error occurred during the start operation 80010017 i download a game from torrent.. any one help me plz?

only worked one game red dead i put game in /dev_hdd0/game/OMAN46756/GAMEZ
    Best Answer - Posted by DeViL303:

Quote Originally Posted by TTvip View Post
    After placing a game show an error occurred during the start operation 80010017 i download game from torrent any one help me plz only worked one game rad dead i put game in /dev_hdd0/game/OMAN46756/GAMEZ
    Not sure What you mean but I will try help.

Are you saying you have "red dead redemption" working on same system with same setup?

Do you have a disk in drive/working bluray drive?

The game you are trying to play now, is it showing as compatible?

Have you ever played this game before from a real disk, did you delete all gamedata and gamesaves?

error -80010017 can be to do with system activation for psn games but doesn't seem like this is the case in this situation.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/P...g/m-p/28669348

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TTvip View Post
    After placing a game show an error occurred during the start operation 80010017 i download game from torrent any one help me plz only worked one game rad dead i put game in /dev_hdd0/game/OMAN46756/GAMEZ
    Not sure What you mean but I will try help.

Are you saying you have "red dead redemption" working on same system with same setup?

Have you ever played this game before from a real disk, did you delete all gamedata and gamesaves?

error -80010017 can be to do with system activation for psn games but doesn't seem like this is the case in this situation.

[Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links

Yes

No

yes fifa street 3

No

[Register or Login to view links][/QUOTE]

Thank you and sorry for bad english

Banned User
    So if your saying you havnt got a disk in drive or your drive is broken then I would say thats your issue, not all games work without a working drive/disk in. Make sure all gamedata and savedata is deleted before trying to boot a backup for the first time.

For example : FIFA 11
    Game will work in no disc mode, however tournament mode and career mode will be stuck on loading. disc mode works for career and tournament modes.
    So that proves even certain modes within a Game can be blocked by a lack of disk in drive.
    I havnt got Fifa street 3 so cant test but im sure others could tell you.
    i put game in /dev_hdd0/game/OMAN46756/GAMEZ
    Make sure games are in sub folders inside the GAMEZ folder, for example:

/dev_hdd0/game/OMAN46756/GAMEZ/BCES00969/

Don't think I can help you after that!
    Last edited by DeViL303; 10-09-2010 at 02:02 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is the game your trying to play the new Medal of Honor by any chance? It won't play because it requires FW 3.42 for which we have no way to play backups on.

No they are:

Call.of.Duty.4.Modern.Warfare.USA
    Burnout.Paradise
    Fifa.Street.3
    And Warhawk

All iso converter by ps3iso2jb

Those iso's don't work even with the iso converter. The backups have to be from backup manager or open manager on a jailbroken PS3.

Banned User
    Dont think any PS3 games coverted from ISO will work unless you replace the EBOOT.BIN file with one that was ripped from disk by a backup/open manager. also dont think Call of Duty 4 will work in any form , That game is not working with any methods AFAIK. if you can find those other games on torrents and they are not inside rars you could just download the EBOOT.BIN files to test (if they are games ripped by backup manager or an open manager that is). otherwise just stay away from ISO files altogether, ie rip your own games or get jailbreak compatible ones from the start!

Also isnt warhawk an online only game??

Not playable at the moment due to no access to PSN so not worth downloading.

And Burnout Paradise is fairly crappy looking now with all the newer car games out, try a new racing game called Blur for some up to date racing and smashing action!
    Last edited by DeViL303; 10-14-2010 at 12:08 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks TechGeek990 And DeViL303 for this amazing great info.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News