Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Help With 80010009 Launch Errors?

Sponsored Links
    I have two games (Madden 11 & MLB 10 The Show) that keep giving me the 80010009 error code when trying to launch the games. What I did was install game updates for both of them via USB install package.

Now they both will not boot with any backup manager I have installed right now including Gaia and MultiMAN. I've tried both Hermes 4b PL and default PL3 with no luck. I also ran the permission fix from USB as well. I've tried with disc and discless mode as well. Any ideas guys as to what's the problem?

Could I have used the wrong game update packages? Like wrong region or something? Or, debug update instead of retail update? I'm lost now but all my other games are booting just fine. Just these two giving me fits! BTW, these are games installed to internal HDD only!
    Best Answer - Posted by modmate:

Hi,

You have to remember that NOT ALL Games could be updated fine. Your error code calls for a disc , but you`ve already tried with a disc so thats easy to fix. Delete the update and you`re fine. Have a look at the Compatibility List to make sure your game can be updated, or just like most of us do, Trial and Error until it works..

Greets Modmate

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

You have to remember that NOT ALL Games could be updated fine. Your error code calls for a disc , but you`ve already tried with a disc so thats easy to fix. Delete the update and you`re fine. Have a look at the Compatibility List to make sure your game can be updated, or just like most of us do, Trial and Error until it works..

Greets Modmate

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, the two games here are supposed to work as far as compatibility. MLB 10 The Show has files larger than 4GB but I'm using internal HDD anyhow. Where exactly do the game updates install from the PS3 HDD directory?

I've taken a look at the HDD contents from FTP but don't know exactly where to look for the installed updates. Are they installed to the actual game folders or some other directory on the HDD? Thanks!
    Last edited by tonybologna; 11-06-2010 at 06:03 AM

They are installed and you`ll see them through the xmb on the gamedata tab. Not the savegame tab, the one on the top. Go on the information tab for each game and you`ll see the filesize for the data, also you can delete it there.

Greets

Quote Originally Posted by modmate View Post
    They are installed and you`ll see them through the xmb on the gamedata tab. Not the savegame tab, the one on the top. Go on the information tab for each game and you`ll see the filesize for the data, also you can delete it there.

Greets
    The "Game Data Utility" or "Saved Data Utility" tab? Anyhow, I've tried both tabs. There are games shown from there but I have no other tabs for selecting information or anything like that. When I press triangle for "Options" it takes me back to the menu again.

The "Game Data Utility" tab has my games listed. Is this the place where my game updates are installed? I have different dates listed for each game. This must be the dates the patches were installed. However, I can't view anything about them. Triangle just takes me back to the XMB menu again.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News