Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] HDMI and RCA audio out

Sponsored Links
    I have PS3 connected to AV receiver via HDMI. While keeping this connection, does the audio also go out the RCA audio out connection? I want to keep the audio coming out of my AV receiver and send it via the RCA connection to another location.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    depends on the reciever, it might stay only with the output cables, but if you something like a second zone, it might work over rca cables also.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by cooled View Post
    depends on the reciever, it might stay only with the output cables, but if you something like a second zone, it might work over rca cables also.
    Yes, that's what I'm trying to do - output to a second zone through the pre-amp out. I'm using the PS3 to play audio from my PC and telling zone 2 to use the PS3. I get no audio in the zone 2. I have the same problem when using my DirecTV box tp play audio from the PC. I use the HDMI out of the DirecTV box to the receiver but telling zone 2 to use that source results in no audio. I think it is because the HDMI will not pass any audio if it is not to another HDMI port.

So, if I can use the RCA audio out of the PS3 at the same time I am sending HDMI signal to the receiver, I can get it to be sent to zone 2.

Any thoughts?

could be that you dont have enough bandwidth to go around on the amp. Try component and rca

The PS3 only seems to send it through either one or the other. On your reciever you may have a "monitor" or "Tape Deck" / "Recorder" output that uses rca which you could use to have a 2nd audio output from the PS3.

I'm not sure if I understand but here's a thought.

when you plug any cable at all to the PS3 you have to tell it which output it should use HDMI/MULTI A/V out ... and you get to choose one and only one option ... so I think what you;re trying to accomplish simply can't be done.

like a hub VS a switch, the hub shoots whatever is receives to each port, the switch on the other hand forwards to one and only one port (usually, unless it's a broadcast) the PS3 is more like a switch than a hub.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin33 View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand but here's a thought.

when you plug any cable at all to the PS3 you have to tell it which output it should use HDMI/MULTI A/V out ... and you get to choose one and only one option ... so I think what you;re trying to accomplish simply can't be done.

like a hub VS a switch, the hub shoots whatever is receives to each port, the switch on the other hand forwards to one and only one port (usually, unless it's a broadcast) the PS3 is more like a switch than a hub.
    Yes kenshin33, I believe you are right. I spent some time yesterday looking at the online manual and I found in a note some comments about the A/V out. It said that when you start the PS3 for the first time, it outputs on all ports (HDMI, component, RCA, etc). Once you go through the process of setting up the PS3 and select an output port (HDMI in my case), then all other outputs cease. Guess I am not going to be able to do what.

Thanks for all the input.

come to think of it ... maybe your receiver hase some audio out jacks (usually that would be RCA, on mose tvs it is RCA or RCA + optical). you can fead your receiver the audio with HDMI and take the RCA out (if there is one) from your receiver to some other place.

regards,
    kenshin

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News