Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] HDMI to DVI question

Sponsored Links
    Hi peeps,

I got my PS3 on launch day, and been using it since, excellent machine. I run it through my old 32 inch widescreen TV, which is good but it's not HD ready, somone mentioned to me that most PC monitors are of a higher Definition than the standard tvs are, well I noticed I had a DVI socket on my Flatscreen monitor, "Excellent" I thought, got myself an HDMI to Dvi conector which arrived today. Plugged it all in, switched the PS3 on, it detected I had plugged in a new HDMI cable and asked if I wanted to switch to that so I did, and... NOTHING!

I have tried everything I can think of, my screen does flicker and it auto switches from analog to digital when I switch on PSP, but it says 'Digital signal error'

fh:31-khz
    fv:50-ohz

With the fv:50-ohz in red,so I imagine thats the error one ? is there any settings on the PS3 I have to change ?

My monitor is an oldish one I presume now it's not compatible, but if any Genius can find a way round this I would appreciate some help, here's the monitor specs if it helps:- [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I beleive your monitor is 1024 x 768, I think 720 p is 1280 x 720, so it's most likely changing to a resolution that your monitor can't handle, try choosing that resolution on your monitor on a PC and see if you get the same error.

I beleive you may also have problems in the future with HDCP which is a form of copy protection for TV's that monitors probably don't support.

I am using a 32" AWA LCD bought at Big W in Australia and I can't use the HDMI -> DVI because the overscan cuts a large proportion off the image on either side, so I have to revert back to component cables, if anyone knows how to reduce the overscan either on the PS3 or this monitor that would be greatly apreciated as well...

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News