Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] HDMI to DVI and Audio?

Sponsored Links
    I would like to use a DVI connection to a 19" LCD I will be buying to get my 1080p...i will be getting an hdmi to dvi cable (about 15 dollars) but my question is, can i still use the standard multi av out composite cable to get my audio? i just wont use the yellow video plug..

Has anyone tried this yet? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try the optical audio output if you have the connections for your speakers.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, since you are converting HDMI to DVI you will need to use the regular red and white plugs for your audio. You can set that up on the PS3 console. Im not sure where in the menu but its there. Its on the same spot were you setup the type of video output. Or just use the optical output if you want surround sound. DVI supports up to 1080i.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixdawg View Post
    Yes, since you are converting HDMI to DVI you will need to use the regular red and white plugs for your audio. You can set that up on the PS3 console. Im not sure where in the menu but its there. Its on the same spot were you setup the type of video output. Or just use the optical output if you want surround sound. DVI supports up to 1080i.
    Yeah, when you configure your video setup, you can also configure audio. Just tell the PS3 you're using a Multi-AV cable for audio.

unfortunately i dont have optical toslink audio.. just red white.. but yeah thats the ticket thanks.. turns out most 19" lcd will only do 1440x1050 or something, not 1920x1080 to get 1080p so i can get 720p at least anyways...

need a 24" or above lcd to get 1080 anyhoo..thanks! 720 will beat 480 anyways!

its just a regular lcd (for computers not an lcd tv) so it wont do hdcp...but i believe hdcp is only used on bluray movies, not on games...can anyone confirm?

HI... I use a samsung SyncMaster 940bw 19" LCD, and works well with that configuration. I use the HDMI to DVI cable and for audio I am using the digital out, but also I have used the AV Multi out... so doesn't matter what you choose. I have watched BD movies and I play games. Works excellent. Only can go up to 720p, but is okay. Hope that it helps you.

ah yes, this one

[Register or Login to view links]

its on for 238 canadian with 7 99 shipping..would be about 260 total... it has HDCP so its worth the extra 20 bucks for hdcp it would seem..i aim at getting a 19 or 20 with hdcp within next month or 2 once more games become available, put the ps3 with that and off we go thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captcharlie View Post
    its just a regular lcd (for computers not an lcd tv) so it wont do hdcp...but i believe hdcp is only used on bluray movies, not on games...can anyone confirm?
    You're right. If you bought a LCD that has component inputs (like my samsung 215T), you could use those and get Blu-Ray playback since the retarded downrezzing token won't be implemented for another 3 years.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News