Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] HDD upgrade on 3.55 issues?

Sponsored Links
    hi, i'm just about to upgrade my hdd on my 60gig launch fat 3.55 ofw. i just want to check theres no issues with 3.55 ofw, like other ofw's where you need v2 or anything like that.. also would it be better to upgrade hdd first then install cfw or other way around.. i'm probably going to install kmeaw 3.55 cfw.

thanks
    michael
    Best Answer - Posted by barrybarryk:

'Upgrade' to kmeaw first. there is the same issue with 3.55 needing a v2 and there's no way to tell if your PS3 has v1 or v2. Probably unnecessary but i'd rather waste half an hour than brick a launch 60GB beyond repair.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    'Upgrade' to kmeaw first. there is the same issue with 3.55 needing a v2 and there's no way to tell if your PS3 has v1 or v2. Probably unnecessary but i'd rather waste half an hour than brick a launch 60GB beyond repair.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    barrybarryk is 100% right. Don't risk the brick, installing Kmeaw is super easy, and it's definitely based on v2 with no HD bugs. Start with that before you try and swap the drive.

thanks barry and sever.. gee glad i thought of it, been through it before with retail ps3 and sony are horrible to deal with when its there fault 100% LOL i've upgraded a couple of hdds in my ps3s and know how easy it is, if fw is correct that is.. you can always download v2 and try install it.. it will install if your on v1 only..

so there is no possible way to get hdd brick using kmeaw then? 100% sure ? ok so i'll do that then.. kmeaw then hdd swap.. cheers men!

+ rep to you both!!
    Last edited by elser1; 07-07-2011 at 12:05 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News