Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] HDD swap - problem help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello, I bought 320GB hdd and wanted to swap it with internal 120GB.

I did the backup to another USB stick, inserted new 320gb into the PS3 slim, (fw 3.41), connected USB stick with backup, and I got error message:
    "The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system. If the system cannot be restarted correctly, the system partition of the hard disk must be reformatted and you must reinstall the system software. Insert storage media that contains update data 3.41 or later then press the start and select buttons at the same time."

I tried to Start +select, it checked for some stuff, start updating, and on 70% stops and new error message: "no update data can be found ... "
    I tried to copy 3.41 firmware (pup file) on another usb stick - on folder PS3/UPDATE - I got the same error "no update data ...", tried to burn to CD - again PS3/UPDATE - the same error but on another percentage (95%) etc. etc. etc. I am frustraded. Can someone help me ? What I am doing wrong...

It looks that it started to update, because percentage is counting but then suddenly stops (on different %) and says no update data ...
    Last edited by wlcina; 10-13-2010 at 05:54 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Quote Originally Posted by wlcina View Post
    There are only USA fw, I need link to fixed 3.41 EUR fw :-/ anybody has a link ?
    They are all the same firmware, it's just labeled US, it will work fine on your console.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony released an update of the 3.41 firmware. This was because you got errors when installing a new hard drive. Look for the fixed version of the 3.41 firmware. Its probably on the downloads page of this site.

Have you got the latest 3.41 that has been fixed for the hard drive error? It might be on this site in the downloads section.
    Last edited by adgloride; 10-13-2010 at 06:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There are only USA fw, I need link to fixed 3.41 EUR fw :-/ anybody has a link ?

Quote Originally Posted by wlcina View Post
    They are all the same firmware, it's just labeled US, it will work fine on your console.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News