[Answered] Having Black Cat issues

I have a black cat usb E Jtag Ver 1.6, in device manager the board shows as a at90usb162 but has a yellow caution sign on it.. in flip the lower right says communications off. when I try to load usb device it will not alllow me to go past that.

reinstall the drivers from the flip/usb directory through device manager.

if your using windows 7 you need to reboot the computer and press f4 simultaneously while booting and when it brings up the boot menu check disable driver signature - continue booting into windows and reinstall driver.

Well I have tried the f4 thing unfortunatly I get a screen to boot up before windows starts with options for my laptop that allow me to run a dvd music and so forth with out running the os everytime I try f4 it boots to the quick launch stuff

It appears that the device will not accept the drivers... I have unistalled both flip and the drivers on the black cat. I then go to device manager and try to install the driver from flip and this is the message I get when doing so:

the following hardware was not installed
    at90usb162
    an error occured during the installation of the device
    driver is not intended for this platform

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhen View Post
    Well I have tried the f4 thing unfortunatly I get a screen to boot up before windows starts with options for my laptop that allow me to run a dvd music and so forth with out running the os everytime I try f4 it boots to the quick launch stuff
    the key may be different on your laptop... (BIOS are funny things) try each F1-F12 one should bring you to the MOBOs BIOS where you should be able to disable the desired function.

Ok I have gotten into the bios now, and disabled the quick launch program thing I had to hit esc to get into the bios
    now I can not find the part I disable driver signature

the tabs I see are
    Main Security Diagnostics system exit

I have searched each one of those and never seen the driver signature

Press F8 before the windows logo appears (right after your system is done posting)... disable drivers there...

F8 is a windows function and has nothing to do with the bios.

Ok the f8 is where it was so I do believe I disabled it I am going to double check now, but as it is I just uninstalled the drivers for the at90usb162 and then in device manager I tried to install the driver and I got the windows encountered a problem when installing the driver software to your device.
    Last edited by Drakhen; 09-19-2010 at 10:37 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost