Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Got a PS3, is all kinds of messed up help?

Sponsored Links
    Ordered a PS3 online listed as only having a "Dead bluray diode"

Opened it up, The BDkey is missing off the bottom of it, the ribbon mount on the motherboard is broken, its the wrong size HDD and modle, AND its stuck in a FW loop.

Now. On the last PS3 I had with a FW loop problem. Was a simple fix. For the last PS3, I simply connected the HDD to a PC, Formatted the HDD (Since all the update data was on the HDD and lack of bluray was making it loop) And put it back in to fix the problem.

But, This PS3, I formatted the HDD, Now when I turn it on, the video feed never boots up, And the screen just stays completely black, TV doesn't even pickup a signal and keeps saying "HDMI3" Also... Tried to enter service mode, Appears to not work.... So... A bit lost on this...

I do plan to return it... but I was simply curious about what would fix this black screen... Pull the memory battery or something to let it forget what it was trying to do?...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What happens when you use the normal AV cables (which usually comes with the PS3) to connect the PS3 to your TV?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    isn't that battery only for the clock.. cmos type deal? try to start it with the other cords in red, yellow n white.. doubt will do anything but maybe.. LOL

i'm no expert but id say its more trouble than its worth.. the ribbon mount alone says enough for me. what do you mean wrong size hd and model. do you mean its like a launch 60gb and has a 40gb hdd in it, for example?

is it doing the same thing on the tv before you formatted it? SOUNDS LIKE WHOEVER TRIED TO "FIX" IT BEFORE WRECKED IT ANYWAYS.. return it!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No matter what connectors I use, It powers on with no video, Stays green for 10-20 seconds, Then powers back off.

Basically. He was going to sell me an 80gig 4usb, I got either a 20gig or a 40gig with 2usb, And a 40gig HDD.

The only reason I am attempting to fix it at all is because well... 20$ shipping kinda sucks.

Well I've heard about the 4 penny trick which fixes the Green light of death, here is a video demonstration.

Might as well try it before returning the PS3.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 11-04-2011 at 03:42 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just tried tightening it, No luck.

Oh well. guess I will return it. /wasted arctic silver

It was worth a try I guess.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News