Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Getting a PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm thinking of saving up for another PS3. If I were to buy one from amazon, such as the one from this link: amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003VUO6H4/sr=1-1/qid=1313403964/ref=olp_tab_all?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1313403964 &sr=1-1&seller=&colid=

Would it be possible to get one with a frimware less than 3.60+ preferably 3.55?

I would think that because the PS3s probably come with a stock firmware and probably wouldnt have the updates since they've been released. I don't how it is with amazon so I would probably consider buying a use one. I'm not sure yet though. Would someone mind offering some insight on this?

I couldn't edit the title or the post in time but I would also like to get a PS2 for modding and probably an earlier PS3 model with hardware support for PS1 and PS2 games.
    Last edited by NTA; 08-15-2011 at 07:38 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by Natepig:

If you can find a new 120gb model then it will be below 3.55. In the uk its still quite easy to find pre 3.56 consoles but I don't know about other countries. You should definately buy a slim instead of an older model for backwards compatability, you can buy second hand ps2 for next to nothing sometimes, or even get a new ps2 for a good price.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Your best bet for getting a 3.55 or lower PS3 is going to be to check craigslist for your area. At least that way you can see it before you buy it. It is really a crapshoot to get it from a retailer, but you most likely will not get a 3.55 or lower that way.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    on amazon you be lucky to find lower then 3.66 not likely unless you buy a new one.

If you can find a new 120gb model then it will be below 3.55. In the uk its still quite easy to find pre 3.56 consoles but I don't know about other countries. You should definately buy a slim instead of an older model for backwards compatability, you can buy second hand ps2 for next to nothing sometimes, or even get a new ps2 for a good price.

Forgot about the PS2 I already had

But yeah I was thinking about getting another 120gb model again. I just hope it comes with firmware below 3.55.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News