Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] GameOS in OtherOS like environment?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys,

I was just brainstorming about something and would like to know if something like it would be possible.

First let me explain my idea; To create a sandbox like environment like the OtherOS function that used to be on our ps3`s and then install a copy from the GameOS in there...

I`m convinced this should be possible but I can`t find any information on it beside the native OS being called CellOS is there anyone that knows how this would work?? And if there is an installation file for it or something that can be use as such.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

If this had been done it would be all over the place. Running GameOS isn't like running Windows in a VM. You would need extensive modification of the HV and many other things to attempt that, let alone the hardware security in place on the console. And what would be the point? Why not just boot into GameOS when you want to and OtherOS/Linux when you want that?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If this had been done it would be all over the place. Running GameOS isn't like running Windows in a VM. You would need extensive modification of the HV and many other things to attempt that, let alone the hardware security in place on the console. And what would be the point? Why not just boot into GameOS when you want to and OtherOS/Linux when you want that?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    we are currently unable to run Game OS like other OS in a sandbox mode unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News