Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Gamedata Back Up Question?

Sponsored Links
    I'm about to upgrade to a 250gig hdd. I dont have an external drive to back up the old drive. I do , however, have an 8gig flash drive. Can I put all the gamedata and save data on to my flash and then on to my pc. Then delete the game and save data off the ps3.

After that I should be able to put all the settings and what ever else onto the usb via the system backup. Change hard drives. Restore the settings from Usb. Then copy all game and save data from pc to usb to the ps3?? I hope that was clear. Any help would be appreciated.
    Best Answer - Posted by Audin21:

it will work, if you dont have more than 8gb of stuff on your ps3. It backs up movies, trailers, saves, demos.. all that is on your ps3.And with the old drive you can put it in an external 2.5" closure and use it as a backup hd for your ps3, it wil save you from a lot of hustle next time

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by I Kick Puppies View Post
    I'm about to upgrade to a 250gig hdd. I dont have an external drive to back up the old drive. I do , however, have an 8gig flash drive. Can I put all the gamedata and save data on to my flash and then on to my pc. Then delete the game and save data off the ps3.

After that I should be able to put all the settings and what ever else onto the usb via the system backup. Change hard drives. Restore the settings from Usb. Then copy all game and save data from pc to usb to the ps3?? I hope that was clear. Any help would be appreciated.
    There should not be any issue at all. The important to take note is your flash drive should be in FAT32 format.
    Last edited by animelover; 07-28-2008 at 02:10 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it will work, if you dont have more than 8gb of stuff on your ps3. It backs up movies, trailers, saves, demos.. all that is on your ps3.And with the old drive you can put it in an external 2.5" closure and use it as a backup hd for your ps3, it wil save you from a lot of hustle next time

Registered User tironabardheblu's Avatar
    It should be fine. Just be careful because my backup ended up being 11 gigs (I put it on my 30GB iPod).

Exclamation

be careful! i did the same thing and lost all my ps3 files!

i hit the wrong button tho, but the proccess you speak of should be fine!

don't worry

just follow the instructions and you should be ok. i had a friend do the same thing and it went great for him, so ya don't worry be happy and good luck with that!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News