Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Free Disk Space Not Reading Properly help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm having a major issue issue. I'm on a Slim 3.55 and was trying to add a new game and saw I only had 9GB free space so I deleted over 20GB of movies and checked disk space but still said I had only 9GB of free space.

So I deleted a couple of songs and it still says 9GB, no matter how much I delete it doesn't change. HELP PLEASE!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Have you tried to copy over the game data (regardless of whether it is actually larger than 9gb)?

It may trigger a refresh or query the HDD size and return the correct value.

Try to copy back any type of data and let us know what happens...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Go into Recovery Mode and rebuild the HD database.

1. With the system in standby mode. Press and hold the power button down until the system turns on and then off again. Release the power button.
    2. After about 1 - 2 seconds press and hold the power button again, until you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Release the power button. During this step you will actually hear three beeps. There will be one single beep then a short delay followed by 2 consecutive beeps. Only release the power button after you hear the 2 consecutive beeps.

At this point the PS3 Recovery Menu will be shown on the screen.

Select Rebuild Database from the menu.

Exclamation

kool thx I'll try that, but that won't delete anything right? Installed games or movies?

Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    Go into Recovery Mode and rebuild the HD database.

1. With the system in standby mode. Press and hold the power button down until the system turns on and then off again. Release the power button.
    2. After about 1 - 2 seconds press and hold the power button again, until you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Release the power button. During this step you will actually hear three beeps. There will be one single beep then a short delay followed by 2 consecutive beeps. Only release the power button after you hear the 2 consecutive beeps.

At this point the PS3 Recovery Menu will be shown on the screen.

Select Rebuild Database from the menu.
    Wow you might want to mention DO NOT try this if you are on CFW, I just got a whole new list of problems added onto my disk space issue. DO NOT rebuild if on CFW, is my advice.
    Last edited by laz305; 05-25-2011 at 12:43 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What happened? I have never seen and issue with rebuilding the database on CFW.

Yeah rebuilding the database is safe. I've done it dozens of times as a go to solution for most XMB problems. If rebuilding the database didn't work or made things worse you probably already had bigger issues that rebuilding the db just brought forward, most likely a corrupt HDD or XMB partition.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News