Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Confused [Answered] Forum Private Messaging help?

Sponsored Links
    Why do my sent message always get deleted? do they delete automatically or something? also is every message i have sent never get delivered? or is the person i message just not responding? i have never got a response..
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

They are automatically purged whenever we do database backups, however, you can save them (the option is in your CP) whenever you wish to.

Those who are not Contributors also will not be able to send or receive PMs here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They are automatically purged whenever we do database backups, however, you can save them (the option is in your CP) whenever you wish to.

Those who are not Contributors also will not be able to send or receive PMs here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can't seem to find that setting, is it in general settings?

It is located (while logged in) here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/private.php

You should see at the bottom:

Download all Private Messages as: XML | CSV | Text

Oh i see i have to download them to my pc... I was thinking i could save them in my message box? So does that mean if someone pm me and i don't check it fast it gets deleted and i never of known that i had a message?

If you don't check it prior to the next database backup that is correct. Usually those who login at least once daily (vs only a few times a week) are fine unless they get flooded with PMs of course.

Oh well i guess i wont rely on the pm system from now on. no wonder why i have had so many un answered questions though people just didn't want to respond

I wouldn't either, as we may ditch the PM system soon anyway.. the best place to post questions is the public forums as we have threads archived since 2005 here. We generally discourage using PMs as then nobody else can benefit from the help provided except the recipient... and as you know the point of a forum is to encourage discussion among the community not keep it isolated away in private messages.

Confused

Hello everyone. I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask or post about this issue that I have with private messages not showing after a couple of days. Well I had some messages there and now they're all gone and this is not the first time that it happens. How can I fix this problem? Thanks.

I merged your post in the Answered thread for this topic, basically unless you back them up using the links above you are SOL whenever backups are done though.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News