Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Fat PS3 power trouble help?

Sponsored Links
    I have just acquired another fat ps3 that has a power issue. This thing powers on but, then it powers off by itself and I don't know why. My guess is it can be the power supply but, I am not sure. So, my question to all is, what can it be?

Is it the power supply or is it just dead? I believe it can be fixed but, i need advice, counsel, professional help, etc. in doing the right thing here. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Any ideas, suggestions, etc. is welcomed.
    Best Answer - Posted by theinfinite:

Cool beans. Yeah, I can wait to see how this is done. It seems like there is no permanent fix for this YLOD, Red Blinking Light of Death, etc. I'm just wondering where can I buy all of this stuff and does the brand matter and how much of each of these things do I need? Your video will definitely help. I have 2 fat PS3s and one of them I want to downgrade... I'm just waiting to get the PCB Progskeet adapter with the 50 pin ribbon cause I already have a 360 clip with the 32 pin ribbon.

I'll just flash one NAND at a time. They say the Progskeet is already programmed so I don't think I'll need anything else for downgrading besides the 3.55 CFW/OFW. My guess either one will work, hopefully. I printed out that reflowing guide and I'm studying it now. I do plan to do this, I just need the right equipment. I feel like buying a reballing/reflowing machine... that thing looks really cool to have to play with

If I'm successful at all of this stuff, I might open up my own downgrading/reflowing/reballing business... black market style, hahaha That's funny

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Uhm. Do you have some experience with electronic? I made fix my power supply, completely dead, in 1 minute, i was thinking to buy a new one BTW, if just power on then off immediately, red light still work?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Depending on how the power supply is damaged (if that's the problem), I would advise against opening it up. It could be quite dangerous. Not saying anything bad, Bartholemy!

I second mojas advice, opening the power supply up is a crap idea. Even while not plugged in parts of the power supply will be retaining a charge

It might not be the power supply. Corrupt firmware can cause the PS3 to power off without displaying a yellow light.

How long after you power it up does it shut down?

I had one that did the same thing (couldnt see that flash of yellow) that makes a ylod. if you have it apart that far go ahead and try a reflow (if its your only fat model) if you have another system swap power supplies with a known working system and see what it does. Granted power supplies do fail on occasion but it the grand scheme of things its actually pretty rare.

If you do decide to open the power supply look at the capacitors if any of them are bad they will be swollen and more than likley the cause of a power supply failure.

Yeah just to mention what others have said - a corrupt firmware (especially now) could very likely be the cause - can you elaborate on any symptoms , exactly how fast it powers off, what color the power light is, etc!

As soon as I power it on it then just powers off by itself. The light is blue and then it goes green then it shuts off. I can swap power supplies and see if that might be the problem. Yeah, I'm not opening any power supplies because I want to be able to live to see another day.

I hope its not a corrupt firmware. I wonder if flashing it with Progskeet will help it get back to normal.
    Last edited by theinfinite; 11-18-2011 at 02:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The problem might be from your Internal HDD. Try entering the recovery menu and formatting your HDD.

ok. I'll try that. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News