Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what beeps do you get? that can help diagnose the problem if it is hardware.

please give us as much info as possible and hopefully one of the great members on here will be able to help you solve the problem.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do a fan test. I've seen something in those that might be like this... Be careful though. You never know when it might be fatal, but you would probably know your problem.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OK does it beep when it powers off. Cause if it does this could one more thing, make sure the fan is working and that there is a some good heat sink compound on it. I have one do the same thing and all that it was is someone took it apart and then didnt put heat compound on it. If it does beep when it powers off by itself it could be that the ps3 is overheating.

Did you ever figure it out?

Ok, I am trying all of everyone's suggestions so it's going to take me sometime to figure this whole thing out and there are no beeps...yet. I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner and I am really grateful for everyone's input on here. Thank you all

I am also thinking of just replacing parts since it seems that this thing is pretty dirty and maybe these parts are just dying or whatever. Are all fat PS3s compatible with each other, parts wise?

Like can I swap parts with others and make this one work? I have 2 that is why I am asking and with the extra, I'll just hold to or just throw out or recycle or something. I'll report more as I continue here. I have some ideas... just gotta try them.

Ok. What is happening is that when I power it on, it turns on then it beeps quickly like 3 times and then it shuts off and the red light is blinking on and off. It is lke in standby mode but, when I go to turn it on again it just won't but this red light is blinking. I think it might be hardware problem.

Looks like you got the YLOD. Here (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...tml#post373929) are a couple of guides on how to fix it.

P.S. The reason it's called the "Yellow light of Death" is because when the Green light is on and when the red light starts blinking, it turns yellow for a brief moment.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 11-26-2011 at 09:14 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yep thats ylod.. the light doesn't always turn yellow but that's what it is.. sell it on ebay if you cant fix it.. theres a great guide by gilksy on youtube.

although it is absolutely the wrong way to treat a ps3 it will not fix 100% but it will patch it up for a while..

look at this pdf..
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

The_complete_guide_to_Reflowing.pdf  

Damn... but, I checked out this pdf... you've got to be kidding me! Reflowing is all that?! hahaha oh wow, man I got my work cut out for me, hahaha. BTW, this thing was VERY dirty man. I cleaned it out though.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News