Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] FAT PS3 & Jailbreak Hard Reset Question

Sponsored Links
    Sometimes I have to switch the ps3 off at the back for the jailbreak to work. And yet sometimes I don't have to.

Why is this? It's a tad bit annoying.

Perhaps i'm just pressing the whole, power eject thing too slowly?
    Best Answer - Posted by GrandpaHomer:

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    uhh. the whole point is that the slim was the one that had to be shut down from the rear (pulling out the cable or something)

and the fat isn't.
    You can always build the switch in the power cable itself (like on the lamp) or use switched socket or even remotely switched socket - those have usually advantage of having electronic switching reducing thus chance of sparks and other problems ...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well that is what they tell you to do so i guess its safest way, and i think it is every boot, probably they found out it works everytime you do like that, therefore its told that you do so.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No disrespect sk group but really you are going to ignore the directions and complain it doesn't work in a non advertised way?

I say this because I love hearing what "hackers" are working on and this kind of stuff is what causes them to say what's the point I make something cool and extremely undetectable just from the shear fact that its code is not online and it is only on one system.

Then they release it so everyone who wants to use it can in turn letting whatever company analize the code and patch it making more work for the hacker and almost gaurenteeing the hacker's own system faces the ban hammer and for what to deal with tens of thousands of poeple complaining because they are too damn lazy to follow instructions. Really, you can't flip a swich?

If I ever hack anything I'd never release it for free. Or as a download for that matter, I'd move to a country like cuba and make you send it to me for a nice fee becaues either way people are going to complain so why not atleast get paid FOR YOUR HARD WORK.
    Last edited by pip1; 09-12-2010 at 04:22 PM

Frankly - I'm not a big fan of having the PS3 (or any other device) being often switched off and back on (right away) on mains as it might eventually kill it. I hardly ever shut my PS3 down anyway so in case I'll decide to JB it it will not need that many power cycles avoiding thus chance of premature dead of my PS3 (it runs Folding while not in active use).

Majority of new devices nowadays have almost zero consumption in the standby mode - quite a lot of them below 0,5 W and some new TVs from Samsung even 0,06 W. The money "saved" on electricity will hardly balance of the damaged device you'd need to replace due to the fault caused by everyday powering off of the mains

uhh. the whole point is that the slim was the one that had to be shut down from the rear (pulling out the cable or something)

and the fat isn't.

Wait, you don't want to turn off your PS3 because you don't want it to die? Sounds backwards to me....

As for the process, the Slim needs to be unplugged, the fat just needs to have the power switch flipped off before booting with the dongle in there.

As far as i'm concerned the benefits of homebrew on a PS3 far outweight the risks and costs of risking an early death of the system. Thanks for all the hard work of that all of the developers out there do, putting in all this time and effort without ever asking for anything in return. I only wish I had the know how to do even a fraction of what these guys can do, and completely agree that all who complain about the work they have done deserve a kick in the A$$... There are some of us that really do appreciate the work.

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post

and the fat isn't.
    You can always build the switch in the power cable itself (like on the lamp) or use switched socket or even remotely switched socket - those have usually advantage of having electronic switching reducing thus chance of sparks and other problems ...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    How about the Clapper? That will get the job done. Just don't get too excited while playing!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News