[UnAnswered] Failed PS3 update, tried everthing I know
Kind of gave up on this but decided to give it one more try. So here is the background. Bought a 60GB Ps3 that was broken. Keeps trying to update. The first update failed. It is a backwards compatible model so I really want t o fix it. I have tried numerous attempts to try and fix it. Here is a list of what I have tried
1. System restore (hard disc cannot be accessed)
2. All other options on system restore menu or system recover menu in safe mode.
Tried to download update and install. Gets to 67% then error code.
3. Formated HD in computer to fat 32 tried again. Same result.
4. Tried a HD from my old laptop. Same size HD same result.
5. tried pulling the HD durring update gets to 99% than error message.
6. Checked all cables and connection to ensure nothing was disconnected. (no help)
7. Tried two different firmwares 2.80 and 3.01 Same result.
My Brother asked me if I knew the definition of insanity. I am very computer and console litterate. I have fix other PS3's done mods and Xbox's But I can't for the life of me get this one to work. Short of finding a jtag and trying something else.