Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Eyepet help please?

Sponsored Links
    My kids are crazin my nuts for this ! My setup:

Minimus avr (unsure which hex to use I'm using psgroove 1.1 , works fine with other games )
    Open manager 1.3 (works ok)
    - what I did
    "got" the game had to drag it via FTP from pc from a networked hdd
    "split" it with the opensplit software
    Put it on a USB hdd
    Copied from USB onto ps3 using open manager (said files joining etc)
    Boot game get press start Which I do the the next screen has music and an eyepet logo and I can't do anymore ?? Help me someone

Also I did already delete game data and when eyepet launches it "loads eyepet data " before the I press start

Cheers if someone Susses this for me I'll return the favour.
    Best Answer - Posted by eddyno1:

all sorted -- it would not patch because the obm was set in launch12345 once i reinstalled obm and picked the obamlaunch - all was fine and dandy

thank you for all your help and putting me on the right track

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Instead of using FTP to transfer, try transferring to your external HDD first and then copying the backup to the internal HDD using Open Manager 1.13. Also, are you pressing R2 before launching to load the backup in patched mode? Finally, how come you are splitting the files? Is it neccersary you do this?

In Open Manager, after high-lighting the backup in the list, are you pressing R2 to activate Patched mode before launching it?
    Last edited by djhazardous; 10-03-2010 at 08:49 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cheers for the reply - after holding r2 I get eboot.bin not found error

your game is not correctly copied (something is changed when using the Hermes patch and Open Backup Manager)......the answer is kinda complicated to me but the solution to your problem can be fixed this way

Getting Eyepet wasnt as easy but still easy...

The copy i'm using is EyePet_USA_JB_PS3-MOVE

**IMPORTANT: IF YOU TRIED TO BOOT THIS GAME IN THE PAST YOU WILL HAVE TO DELETE ALL GAME DATA BEFORE THIS GAME WILL WORK... IE. EBOOT NOT FOUND, CONNECT CONTROLLER ISSUES... So go delete the prior load in the game data folder!**

-I FTP'ed the Eyepet game to my Internal HD location (Games/LAUN12345/Gamez)
    -Then i copied the game from my Internal HD to my External HD using the OBM 1.13
    -When Complete it says this is a non-bootable game(IGNORE - Obvious you can run split files off the external)
    -Then I deleted the Origanal Copy from my Internal HD
    -I copied the EyePet game back to my internal hD from the External HD using OBM 1.13
    -Then i deleted the game from my external HD
    -I enabled the Hermes Patch by pressing R2
    -Loaded the game
    -EyePet works perfectly... My son has his first pet...its hatched from its shell and hes feeding him now... all move functions work... using a move controller and camera

Do you still need it to run in patched mode in open manager as none of my games run in patched mode they all return "no eboot.bin" error?

Quote Originally Posted by eddyno1 View Post
    Do you still need it to run in patched mode in open manager as none of my games run in patched mode they all return "no eboot.bin" error?
    As of right now ive only found 5 games that need to be run in patched mode.

2 which you have to do the redundant copy trick....f1 2010, eyepet

all other games need to be ran not in patched mode....

the two games that need the redundant copy trick......need to be copied like stated above and patched and all prior game data deleted and the games will work

Hi thanks for all your help but I'm having no joy I tried the instal just as you stated but it fails when trying to patch it can't find the eboot.bin - I'm using a minimus avr with a hex called - psgroove_1.1_minimus.hex could this be causing my problems ?

Which Eyepet are you trying to install

I used Eyepet US -Move

And......you followed the exact instructions listed above.....using ftp to copy to internal then using OBM to copy to external and OBM to copy back to internal....

Please do not leave any steps out.....trust me the process is redundant but the ftp and Original backmanager copy the files one way and the Open BM does it another way.....delete all prior game save or loading data

Yep followed all 100% the version is -eur jb ps3 MFN-
    It just won't allow the patch , I press r2 it states patch mode in the top corner I then press a and the the error pops up

i'd download a different version... the version i posted works perfectly and it's a great kids game...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News