Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Extracting Files From PS3 .bin File help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a .bin file decrypted and extracted from a .pkg file. I want to open it because I believe it contains the sound files I'm looking for I don't know what program can open it. It doesn't appear to be a standard .bin that an image reader can mount.

Is there a program I can use to open it? I presume there is because it's likely the same type of .bin used for eboot files.
    Best Answer - Posted by rodq:

Persona 4 Arena OST.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y2...+Arena+OST.zip

Next time you could use Search.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't suppose it's worth trying to bump this after a week to see if anyone has any ideas...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry for the late reply, MagicISO is your program here is this video you'll like it or whoever in it LOL

Have a nice day.

I've already tried Magic ISO, it does not work. Neither did any other mounting program I tried.

The .bin file needs to have "SCE...." header. You can easily see in a hex editor if that is true. scetool, or "open scetool". Both are open source now on github and can be compiled to any architecture. Download the latest source code from github and compile it on your machine. Then try 'scetool -i <filename>' or 'scetool -d <filename>'.

Everybody uses 'scetool' these days, since 4.2.X firmwares the previous set of older generation NPDRM tools (from 3.55 & Geohot days) no longer work for everything.

Maybe trying to rename it eboot.bin and using an eboot extractor tool? lol

Open the file with your favourite HEX editor. Paste here the first 4 bytes.

Or better upload the file somewhere and share the link.

Thanks for the info guys. Though I'm not sure if I'm the right track since it is a massive 3GB file, basically all the main files are in it.

Here are the first 4 sets of values -

[Register or Login to view code]

If the first line is supposed to be "SCE", it's not, it spells "segs".
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 06-26-2013 at 02:44 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So... Anyone have an idea where I go from here?

The name of the game would be a good starting point.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News