Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] External 1tb fat32 - ntfs help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys quick question

I recently brought a Goflex 1tb 2.5" external hdd and i have been using fat32 filesystem

I was thinking of converting it to ntfs but i recently found out you need a USB.CFG configuration file edit required: 0xVNID:0xPRID:V (vendor ID, product ID, V=number of volumes)

any ideas where i can get the vendorID, productID?

I have split the hdd in 2 (500gb ntfs windows files, 500gb fat32 ps3games)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey there check this post out by iskj3098ias - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...14315-321.html

I used usbview myself.

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the program Smakatac.

i converted my fat32 partition -> ntfs and created a new text file called usb.cfg and inside that file i entered "0x0bc2:0x5021:2"
    there is now 2 ntfs partitions. now when i plug my usbhdd into my ps3 and press start + triangle still no games show up

you do know that even when you get the games to show you can't play them from NTFS, you'll have to copy them to the internal every time you want to play one.

Its just a more convenient way to copy games with large files to internal drive by using the file manager option in Multiman, works well too especially if when using an FTP program you get freezing or files wont copy across.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News