Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: Epic PS3 help

Sponsored Links

Red Face [Answered] Epic PS3 help

Sponsored Links
    So I'm all out of ideas and i need help.

I have a PS3 I inherited from my brother that had broken on him a while back. Having no warranty/proof of purchase, I got a replacement laser for it and repaired it. It was working fine. Movie went in, played, came out. Same with regular cds and games. I only wanted it to play SF4 with it anyways. Now, After playing SF4 for a week, i wanted to play a movie on blu-ray. So i tried to eject the disc and it would try to come out but fail to come out.

I held the eject button and everything but no avail. I was forced to open my ps3 and drive to take out the game. After putting everything back together again, I tried to insert a disc but it won't accept discs. As in, it won't start feeding in. If i force a disc in and hold the eject button it comes out so I'm sure the mechanism is fine. So basically that's where I'm stuck at now.. my drive is screwed.

That's the story of my PS3. The poor thing has been through a lot. All I want to do is play SF4. The game itself is installed on the hd. I'm fairly new to the PS3 community so I'm not sure about all the alternative ways to play games. Can you all please enlighten me.

Thanks for your time.
    Best Answer - Posted by jd200:

heres a mod i have done to play ps2 copys and disables the sensor if it helps:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ps3-98943.html

or if u need new sensor theres some on ebay item number 300306303809 but from usa or just search PLAYSTATION 3 PS3 BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE SENSOR in google or ebay, or you could buy a full drive here ebay 360140709360 and put your main dvd drive board into it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My friend had this to, but from Need For Speed ProStreet. His PS3 was in repair for 3 months! So I say good luck to you!

Sponsored Links

re

Sponsored Links
    you need to open the ps3 and open the blu ray drive top then put a disc in use a dvd and put the white round magnet ontop of the dvd when u put disc in have the machine on theres like 2 whith levers that hold and take the disk in push against this and it should take disk in then put the magnet on top quickly.

if it dont take the disk in press the little clip thats on the drive top that u removed and gently push disc into the white 2 lever wheels if it dont take it in then its the drive sensor thats fooked the thing with the little clip on if it dose take it in then turn off ps3 then pull off the white magnet. put the top back on that has the sensor on put magnet on the top then switch back on ps3.

then when its on press eject it should eject if it trys to eject but stuck then its the little black door some times this can get stuck with the little clip take your time and u should find out if the sensor has gone on it when u press eject so if it ejects with top of the sensor drive top off then its the door bit mine did this and i took my time and solved it hope it makes sense to you

When I try to put a disc in there is no action by the drive at all. I can put it all the way through the drive and there is no sound or anything that makes it sound like it can see it. If i do push it all the way in and press and hold the eject button, it pushes the disc out. From what you've said, I think the sensor is gone. Is there anything I can do to get around the sensor? Can you tell me where the sensor is exactly (picture maybe).

You have probably broken or disconnected the sensor wire, which runs between the two halves of the drive. It's rather hard to repair - I ended up soldering a couple of wires to replace mine. It has connectors on both ends, so check both are engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibblah View Post
    You have probably broken or disconnected the sensor wire, which runs between the two halves of the drive. It's rather hard to repair - I ended up soldering a couple of wires to replace mine. It has connectors on both ends, so check both are engaged.
    I opened it and rechecked the wire itself and it seems fine. It might be the sensor itself that's messed up. Is there a way around it (like jumping the wires or anything of that sort)?

To make it more clear I uploaded a simple video to show how it behaves. Maybe you can tell better if you see it yourself.

Note: when the drive is open like that the door doesn't open but when its closed it opens and lets the disc out.

[Register or Login to view links]

Again, thanks anyone who has/will help me!

re

heres a mod i have done to play ps2 copys and disables the sensor if it helps:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...ps3-98943.html

or if u need new sensor theres some on ebay item number 300306303809 but from usa or just search PLAYSTATION 3 PS3 BLU-RAY OPTICAL DRIVE SENSOR in google or ebay, or you could buy a full drive here ebay 360140709360 and put your main dvd drive board into it.
    Last edited by jd200; 04-08-2009 at 08:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News