Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    What is the native res of your TV or model number of your TV?
    Computer:
    Westinghouse W3213HD
    1366 x 768 native
    connected DVI to HDMI @ 1080i output from PC

Home Theater:
    Samsung HL-R6167W
    1280 x 720 native
    connected HDMI @ 1080i output from PS3

trying to convert Pirates: At World's End trailer using PS3video9 flickers for a few times at the beginning, then is out of sync for the entire length of the video by at LEAST 3-4 seconds - TERRIBLE!!! tried a few others, and nothing was that bad, but they all flicker at least 2-3 times, then the audio gets broken up, none have been out of sync like POTC:At World's End though!

also, i was thinking about the 1080 interlaced vs progressive thing, thinking maybe its just because i'm trying to encode into a format too great for either of my TVs, and then i remembered i ONLY download full 1080p trailers from the PSN, and they always work flawlessly on the PS3 / Samsung, so i doubt that's the issue at hand.... i tried doing some 720p video conversions and it still sucked, oh well, guess that's all i can do for now....

Registered User Caffeicaddictio's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    VLC is great however i suggest that you try VideoREDO EVERYTHING first before you start trying to convert them with IMtoo MP4 converter.

i have tried every piece of software that i can get my hands on to convert more than 1 TB of 1080i content so that they'll play on PS3.

i had the best luck with VideoREDO and IMToo and VLC so far and when i have time to try more out i'll let you know.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
    trying to convert Pirates: At World's End trailer using PS3video9 flickers for a few times at the beginning, then is out of sync for the entire length of the video by at LEAST 3-4 seconds - TERRIBLE!!! tried a few others, and nothing was that bad, but they all flicker at least 2-3 times, then the audio gets broken up, none have been out of sync like POTC:At World's End though!
    This may or may not be your problem but its someting I spoke about earlier in another thread.

Your TVs native res is 1366x768 (same as mine) all that it is doing with a 1080i signal (1920x1080) is downscaling it to 1366x768 which is 720p!! Do yourself a favour switch your PS3 output to 720p.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    This may or may not be your problem but its someting I spoke about earlier in another thread.

Your TVs native res is 1366x768 (same as mine) all that it is doing with a 1080i signal (1920x1080) is downscaling it to 1366x768 which is 720p!! Do yourself a favour switch your PS3 output to 720p.
    just to be clear since i wasn't in my last post - the "computer" TV is the Westinghouse with the 1366 x 768, which NEVER gets connected to the PS3.... with that in mind:

you have some good advice, my question is when it comes to watching HD programming on my HD topset cable box, i click "INFO" on my Samsung's remote and it says "1980 x 1080i" even though the native is lower than the Westinghouse.... does that mean "this is what the Samsung is receiving, even though the highest output is 1280 x 720"??? when i go to SD channels, it shows a lower resolution, most likely in the 480i range (hard to watch because of how terrible it looks on a 61" screen!), and adapts the picture to fit the full width of the screen automatically as per the settings we configured....

this will be a temporary setup as i'm sure we'll be getting rid of the Samsung DLP for a full 1080p as soon as the lamp blows (should be later this year as we've had it for 2 years already), we bought it from Circuit Chitty, and got the free lamp replacement, so that should help with the sale of the TV! plus the enclosure is big enough for at most 70" and everyone knows you have to get the biggest TV on the block, haha

when trying to configure output to 720p on the PS3, it notifies me that the automatic configuration can support up to 1080i - why would the PS3 say the TV can support higher resolution (which it can) when all it will do with the higher resolution is DOWNSCALE it back to 720p???
    Last edited by GarciaM25; 04-08-2007 at 12:43 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PS3 is just a machine it "asks" your TV what it can accept and a 1080i signal is one of those things. Doesn't mean its going to then display that 1080i signal natively.

Quote Originally Posted by Mock View Post
    I tried just for fun with renaming a .TS file to Mpeg and actully it ran from the PS3 but without sound. That my question is. How to overcome playing HD content from PS3 when files only can be 4GB large. is there any other way than splitting them into smalles parts?
    use udf (stick them on a dl dvd)... however, .mpg has a 4GB limit (that is, .mpg files can only be so big) this is why the transport stream is used... all that needs to be done is have the ps3 xmb play all the same file names in a row like a batch and then who cares what the size of the file is... dvd vobs are only 1 GB but you can string them together. also, the ps3 xmb will only play .ts files that are containerized using the "program stream" option, not "transport stream". I use vlc as a last step to change the container...

Garcia, its very easy to convert 1080p apple .mov to mp4 ps3 format. use quicktime pro and export the .mov to mp4...use "pass through" for video and audio option. its just as fast copying the file to another media.

i have an intel mac mini and it took seconds to only minutes to convert 1080p .mov to mp4 "pass through" without loosing quality.

Quote Originally Posted by flylow View Post
    i have an intel mac mini and it took seconds to only minutes to convert 1080p .mov to mp4 "pass through" without loosing quality.
    that may be the reason why its easy for you - remember, QT and QTpro both HATE PCs, and i've had nothing but problems coming from my QTpro.... i'll try it, but i'm coming after you (on my laptop) if it eats my PC!

Quote Originally Posted by Mock View Post
    I tried just for fun with renaming a .TS file to Mpeg and actully it ran from the PS3 but without sound. That my question is. How to overcome playing HD content from PS3 when files only can be 4GB large. is there any other way than splitting them into smalles parts?
    i have been using vilvic media center (right on PS3News downloads) works great and will copy your file from the pc to ps3's internal disk...I haven't tried anything over 6GB though (6 gb took about 15 minutes)

the ps3 internal disk does not have a file size limitation

The PS3 internal disk might not, but the FAT32 file system does.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News