Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button [UnAnswered] Emulators on PS3

Sponsored Links
    Has anybody tried any emulators (pcsx, snes9x, project64, fce, etc.) on PS3 linux yet. I don't know how easy they would be to compile since they are mostly written for x86 arcitecture, though some have a mac port.

If the emulators worked great, it would kill Nintendo's Virtual Console and xbox1. And through a PS1 emu, PS3 would support PS1 games in high def (assuming openGL was implimented)!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i think ps3 wont be mod/hacked they ll make a ps3 emulator on ps3 s linux , i know that sounds stupid but i think its pretty easy , so we ll completly ignore the original game os go to linux launch the other game os the only diffrance that we ll play non-original blu-rays on it
    no opening up ps3s no modchips

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ya sorry launcher
    a program on linux that launch games from copied blu-rays or from iso s on an external hard
    is that possible or am i dreamin ?

its probably possible.

as for emulators for SNES, etc. games, that could be possible. I guess if you download an emulator for linux and run it...maybe it will work?

you need a blue ray drive to burn thos HUGE MASSIVE 10+GB game iso's!!! duh!!

unless you swap your HD in and out of your pc to go without the disc media... lol.. but yeah. that would work. lol.
    Last edited by LAMPRO; 12-04-2006 at 05:44 AM

Banned User
    i think most people are going to go the HDD route since blu-ray is such a new technology... i would luv to have a NES emulator on my PS3 so i don't have to have all my systems hooked up taking up space and causeing a fire hazard... of corse only to play backups

In the future, the blue-ray driver might gets chipper than right now..
    who knows

blu ray will definitely get cheaper...but not for at least 3 more years...in terms of bd-re's getting cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by refuseamen View Post
    its probably possible.

as for emulators for SNES, etc. games, that could be possible. I guess if you download an emulator for linux and run it...maybe it will work?
    Yes, it works, ive used a MAME and Snes Emu on it and it runs at full speed but the sound sucks.

killer instinct

would it be possible to run killer instinct via mame or other emulator on the ps3?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News