Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] the emulation of ps2 & psone in a basic ps3?

Sponsored Links
    its possible at level of software to emulate a ps2 or psone game, but the only difference of 80GB luxury ps3 and 40GB ps3 basic, is the serial or lote, something like that? what i will do in the future with basic versions of ps3?

do you know so? =S!

i will thank you if you know about this or other stuff about code region of DVD movies =/

Greetings
    Best Answer - Posted by RexVF5:

Quote Originally Posted by stoprocent View Post
    maybe sony will give us an emulator in future, if not maybe, when the PS3 ist fully hacked, someone with the knowledge of the PS3's architecture will code a PS2 emulator.

this will require a lot of work,since the ps2 emulator on pc isnt stable on all games, lots of games are running little buggy but playable
    The main showstopper right now is that we do not have access (from Linux) to RSX which would be required to do accelerated graphics. Otherwise PSP or PS2 emulator would be perfectly possible. But not all hoe is lost: there is an ongoing project of redefining how 3D drivers (OpenGL) are written for Linux (and maybe other systems): http://www.tungstengraphics.com/wiki/index.php/Gallium3D One of the first planned and being worked on implementations is Cell. So The Cell processor would be rendering OpenGL which would allow to make PS2 and/or PSP emulation.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    maybe sony will give us an emulator in future, if not maybe, when the PS3 ist fully hacked, someone with the knowledge of the PS3's architecture will code a PS2 emulator.

this will require a lot of work,since the ps2 emulator on pc isnt stable on all games, lots of games are running little buggy but playable

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by stoprocent View Post

The main showstopper right now is that we do not have access (from Linux) to RSX which would be required to do accelerated graphics. Otherwise PSP or PS2 emulator would be perfectly possible. But not all hoe is lost: there is an ongoing project of redefining how 3D drivers (OpenGL) are written for Linux (and maybe other systems): [Register or Login to view links] One of the first planned and being worked on implementations is Cell. So The Cell processor would be rendering OpenGL which would allow to make PS2 and/or PSP emulation.

I really do hope someone can come up with an emulator soon, I've got stacks of PS2 games which I cannot use.

I have an isoloader here on my ps3 that lets me play every psone and ps2 game. I made it myself. It's private atm but I might release it sometime if you guys are... good to me.

lol im sorry but i doubt that, im not saying your lying but i think its highly unlikely, but hey post a video if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by ionide View Post
    I have an isoloader here on my ps3 that lets me play every psone and ps2 game. I made it myself. It's private atm but I might release it sometime if you guys are... good to me.
    lol ... that was the baddest shot at trying to set up a fake story i EVER saw... u shouldve at least attached a picture that u edited in paint or something!

wow....

Im new here, and not a moderator or anything, but please dont put false statements like that. Unless you can actually prove it to us via a video and the files.

there is only 2 ways you can play ps2 games on a ps3 that i know of and that im sure are the only ways right now.

1. Do the Swap Magic trick
    2. Be one of the lucky people who have the 40/60 gig models that have the built in ps2 hardware or the 80 gig PS3s that has the emulator built in by sony. (these models were the first PS3's to come out)

Linux could run possibly run ps2 emulator but i doubt it would be able to access the cell processor of the PS3

Not calling you a liar but why don't you can prove this with a video?

Quote Originally Posted by Chivafighter View Post
    2. Be one of the lucky people who have the 40/60 gig models that have the built in ps2 hardware or the 80 gig PS3s that has the emulator built in by sony. (these models were the first PS3's to come out)

Linux could run possibly run ps2 emulator but i doubt it would be able to access the cell processor of the PS3
    Read some info on this site and anywhere else: Linux is perfectly (and legally) able to access cell processor - i.e. it has access to PPC core and 6 out of 8 SPUs (in Tungsten's Gallium these are used for rendering OpenGL). so there is no major obstacle here.

Performance is not an issue as well. I have 60GB PAL model that allows PS2 playback and according to [Register or Login to view links] the PS2 emulation is done is software (as opposed to 20GB & 60GB NTSC models where HW parts of PS2 are incorporated into mainboard to provide PS2 functionality - see also http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...ty-103266.html).

Even better link here: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by RexVF5; 01-20-2009 at 08:03 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News