Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] downloading psn games?

Sponsored Links
    I noticed on this page (http://ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn) that you can download the ps3 games that are from the ps store.

what's the point of downloading them?

do they actually work if I transfer them to my ps3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Some do, and some don't... you will have to check the STICKY threads here and THIS one in the PS3 Online section for further details.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh i see, but will this work on the latest ps3 update? (2.42)

thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It has been confirmed working up to 2.41 by our resident PSN Pro aldostools, but he hasn't updated to 2.42 yet so it may work on that as well. Some have reported it doesn't work on 2.4x, but clearly they don't know what they are doing unfortunately... rendering these reports inaccurate and useless.

If anyone (who knows what they are doing) is on 2.42 can give it a try and report back that would be appreciated.

I actually tried this before on old firmware, but tried 2 or 3 games and they didn't work.

full games though, not demos

I'll try this again but on demos this time.

maybe it will work with me

thanks

EDIT: there's no risk of getting banned from the psn right?

and I can't download "CF3B5's PS3.Proxyserver GUI" cause I have to make 3 quality posts :P

oh well, will try it later.
    Last edited by Husam; 09-15-2008 at 11:30 PM

doesnt work on 2.42.. tried.. even tried the new method of starting download on US PS Store, then stopping it, and using PS3 Proxy to change the active download URL. It downloaded the other game correctly, but wouldn't install.. must be another check to install, not just download now.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    doesnt work on 2.42.. tried.. even tried the new method of starting download on US PS Store, then stopping it, and using PS3 Proxy to change the active download URL. It downloaded the other game correctly, but wouldn't install.. must be another check to install, not just download now.
    Thanks for the feedback, and +Rep for ya. If someone can confirm this (just so we have more than one user 'in-the-know' who verifies it no longer works on 2.42) then I will add the NOTE to our STICKY thread and PSN Link page. I'm confident you are correct though, just seeking that second confirmation to finalize things.

I used to upload demos to my ps3 back when I first got my ps3 but now Im in firmware 2.42 and when I try to "download" folding at home I get the following error:

An error occurred during the download operation (80023300)

So I can confirm I used to upload demos and now I cant with the newest firmware. Im using ps3.proxyserver.gui as suggested. If I stop the proxy server and connect my ps3 with out the proxy port 8080 to the real internet folding at home starts downloading.

Also I can sign in without any problems to the psn store and download stuff with the proxy and without it. So clearly the folding at home link im diverting to try and install a demo or full game from my computer is the only thing thats not working. Only that link, so yeah second confirmation that ps3.proxyserver.gui and folding at home method is not working.

Thumbs Up

Great, and +Rep adrianc1982! I have made the necessary NOTICE on the STICKY and PSN Links page.

Quote Originally Posted by Husam View Post
    EDIT: there's no risk of getting banned from the psn right?
    I was wondering the same. I think it shouldn't be too hard to find out that you are having games (licenced or not) that you haven't downloaded from PS store (and haven't paid licence).

About a year ago I tried the proxy method with lemming & S.DUB, but I deleted the files quite soon, because I thought there is always a possibility to get ban because of these. I was just interested to see how the system worked. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I do own a MS consoles too ...

Anyway, if I change my HDD to bigger one and download all demos/games before upgrading to 2.42, I should still be able to use them normally after the update ? (If not fearing too much the differences bethween my HDD and consoles download history).

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News