Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i can confirm you it doesn't work on firmware 2.42. all the tutorial before will not work. The most that looks like working is the aldostools tutorial, but you will end up completing the download, but not the installation. it does related to the copyright error. means, we gonna have to wait for a new way of getting it work again.

if anyone manage to install please let us know..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I searched on my pc and actually found that I have "PS3.ProxyServer.GUI.exe" installed I tried this before on older firmawre, but didn't work with me as I said earlier. but anyway, I tried using this on firmware 2.42 and it didn't work.

I got an error when trying to download (Top Spin 3 Demo) as a test.

"An error occurred during the download operation (80023300)"

I hope there will be a ps3 downgrader soon lol.

oh I want to know something... I know that when there's a new PS3 update... you must download it, or you won't be able to use the PS store or get on the PS network.

but is there a way to bypass the update and enter the PS store?
    Last edited by Husam; 09-18-2008 at 03:28 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Husam View Post
    I searched on my pc and actually found that I have "PS3.ProxyServer.GUI.exe" installed I tried this before on older firmawre, but didn't work with me as I said earlier. but anyway, I tried using this on firmware 2.42 and it didn't work.

I got an error when trying to download (Top Spin 3 Demo) as a test.

"An error occurred during the download operation (80023300)"

I hope there will be a ps3 downgrader soon lol.

oh I want to know something... I know that when there's a new PS3 update... you must download it, or you won't be able to use the PS store or get on the PS network.

but is there a way to bypass the update and enter the PS store?
    It's 7th PS3 Online News Sticky thread: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-on...ead-55789.html

You really tried to find the answer from the forum ?

Today I updated my PS3 firmware from 2.36 to 2.41 and I can confirm that proxy server method for installing demos works but there are some differences:

When I go on PS Store I can add to downolad list on ps3 every demo game...

- next on fw 2.36 I paused a game download... and via ps3 proxy server I can download to PS3 and install - every game that was smaller than game added to download list

- now on 2.41 I can't do the same - If you add for example BioShock Demo which has 1,77GB to download list and next via ps3 proxy server you want to download something smaller for example Fifa 09 Demo - the fifa will download to the PS3 but the system will not install it (error occurs)

- on 2.41 - You have to download exactly the same demo via ps3 proxy server what you added to download list on PS3

Today I upgraded my firmware from 2.41 to 2.42 (Fifa09 doesn't work on fw 2.41 and I should upgrade).

I can confirm that ps3 proxy method works on 2.42 (I think on 2.43 this should works too) ...but ONLY for installing demos which are on PSN Store (look on my example).

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ne...tml#post244599

no use in downloading the proxy?

hi,

so theres no use downloading the proxy cause if we have the latest firmware it wont work...

am i right?

can i download non-free games too?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News