Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] Downgrading PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    So I'm trying to downgrade my PS3 from 4.11 and all these sites with E3 Flasher got different details it's so confusing. So I was wonder can anyone that knows about it tell me what I need so I can downgrade my PS3 and enjoy CFW 4.30
    Best Answer - Posted by G Sus:

if your on 4.11 OFW you will need a hardware flasher. to downgrade. it involves opening the case and either soldering wires or installing a clip. they're also expensive and cheaper to buy another ps3 on 3.55.

if you do go the downgrade route, its safer to get someone else to do it unless you feel confident opening up your ps3.

look in the forums there is a thread for ps3 downgrade and unbricking service. i'm sure someone in there could help you out.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if your on 4.11 OFW you will need a hardware flasher. to downgrade. it involves opening the case and either soldering wires or installing a clip. they're also expensive and cheaper to buy another ps3 on 3.55.

if you do go the downgrade route, its safer to get someone else to do it unless you feel confident opening up your ps3.

look in the forums there is a thread for ps3 downgrade and unbricking service. i'm sure someone in there could help you out.
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-29-2012 at 03:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's safer to backup your NAND before you try to downgrade. Also, you need a PS3 that came with OFW 3.55 or less. Then use a hardware flasher in order to downgrade, install QA Flags and your ready.

Yea thats true, you do need to determine what firmware your PS3 came with out of the factory, if its above 3.55 then you can't downgrade even with a flasher as it may result in a brick in your console, as Luci Ferson suggested get another ps3 with 3.55 already there so you don't even need a flasher.

Of course a flasher would be a great tool to have in case anything does go wrong with the upgrade process, to check if you have a downgradable console use MinVerChk, and yea like Luci said get someone to downgrade it for you to avoid messing up your system

Question 3.56

how can i exit fsm 3.56?

Banned User
    if you mean ofw 3.56, you need to downgrade back to 3.55, but only if your console came with ofw 3.55 or less.

You know the sticker at the back of your PS3?

There will be CECH-XXXX, tell us the numbers at XXXX. Some 25xx and all 3xxx or higher can't be downgraded to 3.55.

Exclamation It came with 3.15

model number is CECH-2008A i am stuck in 3.56 service mode OFW.

Dude, keep your question in your thread, If nobody answers, It's because nobody knows the answer.

If your model number is CHECH-2008A and you want to downgrade/unbrick your PS3 you have NOR and can be downgraded with all the major flashers (Teensy++/Progsket/E3). You can get a flasher or find somebody who is offering a NOR downgrade service.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News